Driving 101.... Some people should NOT have a license

Options
Reedern
Reedern Posts: 525 Member
Ok, I try not to be one of "those" road rage drivers but in the last 2 weeks I have encountered the same scenerio with 2 totally different people and was extremely annoyed. When approaching a non-working traffic light intersection, the rule is to treat this as a 4-way stop. Well, 2 weeks ago a girl, roughly 20 yrs old was sitting at the light and continued to just sit there until the traffic behind her was clear down around the corner with people honking like mad. I finally got out of my car and walked up to her and told her that if the lights are blinking, then the intersection should be treated as a 4-way stop to which she replied, "Oh, are they broken?" REALLY???? Do the lights in your world usually blink red the whole time??? UGH, then this morning, same thing only it was a male in his 40's sitting there like a complete idiot. How the heck do these people get a license??? Sorry for the rant, but I am not a morning person to begin with, then dealing with stupid people makes it even worse.

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Drivers stopping on green lights, drivers going below the speed limit!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I also hate people who drive below the speed limit in the fast lane! Makes me crazy

Or another big one that gets to me is when people slow way down in the lane of traffic only to get into the turning lane! DUH, that is why there is a turning lane, to give you time to slow down and make your turn.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    roadrage.gif
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    People who see the construction sign a mile back yet fly up the soon to be closed lane only to cut in. Makes me stabby.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Anyone driving slower than me is an idiot, anyone driving faster than me is a maniac.

Truth.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    why you mad bro :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I hooked up with my driving instructor.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    All of the above piss me off!

To add: people who play 'leap frog' on the highway. Your car most likely has cruise control! Use it! Oh, and the idiots who ride in the passing lane *NOT* passing anyone. Get the F over!!!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Ok, I try not to be one of "those" road rage drivers but in the last 2 weeks I have encountered the same scenerio with 2 totally different people and was extremely annoyed. When approaching a non-working traffic light intersection, the rule is to treat this as a 4-way stop. Well, 2 weeks ago a girl, roughly 20 yrs old was sitting at the light and continued to just sit there until the traffic behind her was clear down around the corner with people honking like mad. I finally got out of my car and walked up to her and told her that if the lights are blinking, then the intersection should be treated as a 4-way stop to which she replied, "Oh, are they broken?" REALLY???? Do the lights in your world usually blink red the whole time??? UGH, then this morning, same thing only it was a male in his 40's sitting there like a complete idiot. How the heck do these people get a license??? Sorry for the rant, but I am not a morning person to begin with, then dealing with stupid people makes it even worse.

Was it blinking yellow for the traffic from the cross street? If so - you treat the red as a stop, but they only treat it as a caution, and have right of way. Course, if it is flashing red on all sides, then it is a 4-way stop.

One of my pet peeves is when people treat a flashing yellow as a stop, instead of a caution.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    People who see the construction sign a mile back yet fly up the soon to be closed lane only to cut in. Makes me stabby.

haha, "makes me stabby". I like that.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely convinced my car is fitted with either an invisibility cloak or a moron magnet.
    Sunday, short drive to the shops and back, 3 times cars pulled right out in front of me, each time forcing me to brake sharply. Muppets. Yes, they were alll men drivers :)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I hate 101 during rush hour too. Reminds me of the opening scene in Office Space
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I agree with every post but I have to tell a bad one on myself. I was tired and driving home and stopped at an intersection. After sitting there for a minute I realized that I was staring at a stop sign waiting for it to change. I drove the rest of the way home with a very red face.:blushing:
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    Eh, I'm just now learning how to drive, now I'm even more paranoid everyone wants to use my head as an antennae topper.

At least getting an actual license is incredibly cost prohibitive for me :P
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    14993_109730065707554_100000116825772_268063_3811498_n_zps552efe1b.jpg
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I also hate people who drive below the speed limit in the fast lane! Makes me crazy

Or another big one that gets to me is when people slow way down in the lane of traffic only to get into the turning lane! DUH, that is why there is a turning lane, to give you time to slow down and make your turn.

THIS!!!
  • HealthyBy_42
    Options
    Some people just make you want to head-butt a screwdriver... LOL
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    What I hate is when I'm driving the speed limit and some *kitten* speeds up behind me and tailgates me. That's when I slow down 5mph.
  • HealthyBy_42
    Options
    What I hate is when I'm driving the speed limit and some *kitten* speeds up behind me and tailgates me. That's when I slow down 5mph.

That's too funny!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    RoadRageVenom.gif

But seriously, people who think a 4-way stop is the nexus of universe make me want to kick kittens.