Driving 101.... Some people should NOT have a license

Options
2»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad this is not a people driving too slow rant. I guess not knowing what to do at a broken light would be silly.

The rest of the road ragers can just calm down. You'll get to your destination just fine.
  • wannabeadancer27
    Options
    A lot of people genuinely don't realize that their actions affect other people.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The individuals who drive 15 under the speed limit on base. It's already 30 mph, WHY do we have to go 15??

Those who, instead of using a turn signal, ride along side of you and stare at you until you let them over. Or those who simply do NOT use turn signals.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    When I passed my driver's test, the instructor smiled at me and said, "Now you can tell people that you knew how to drive once."
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I passed my driver's test, the instructor smiled at me and said, "Now you can tell people that you knew how to drive once."

I like this one :laugh:

Andy
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Those who, instead of using a turn signal, ride along side of you and stare at you until you let them over. Or those who simply do NOT use turn signals.
    [/quote]

Utah is famous for people not using turn signals.... I promise the cars have them! I get irritated by this quite frequently!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I hate left exits when I am thinking it's going to be a right exit.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I hooked up with my driving instructor.

I love you.

<break>

Turn signals are not a $10k option on your vehicle...its ok to use them.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    The individuals who drive 15 under the speed limit on base. It's already 30 mph, WHY do we have to go 15??

I thought I'd just note that where I live there is no law that says you must use your turn signals.
    Mind you, if you don't use them during the test you won't get your licence. Though, from personal experience, it is possible to get your licence when driving with the hand brake on. (Thankfully was not my car).
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a town that had a roundabout......and it seemed that everyone understood how to use it. The person in the circle had the right away. The town I now live in is just installing one and there's already been 7 accidents that I know about caused from people thinking its one on one traffic. This drives me crazy!

My kids still laugh at me about my road rage. When they were younger, someone cut me off and I had to slam on my breaks. I laid on the horn and gave the guy "the finger" but it was winter in Canada and I was wearing mittens. I'm not sure he got the point!
  • GreenEyes_822
    GreenEyes_822 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    People that I cannot safely pass so I just sit there yelling in my car "The gas pedal is on the right, Honey!!!" like they can hear me... LOL
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been working with my son who is 16 and learning how to drive.

1. It is scary as hell to ride with a kid who is just learning. You have no control. He doesn't have enough experience to get us out of a bad situation if we get into one. Nothing comes naturally to him yet. So I don't mind if he drives slow.

2. So he drives right at the speed limit. And sure enough, before long there will be a trail of cars behind us, right on his *kitten*, with the one right behind him laying on the horn.

3. That makes him nervous. Now he's spending more time looking in the rear view mirror than on the road, and we spend more time floating dangerously near the middle and outer lines.

4. Our lives are at stake. I haven't seen anyone driving around with a huge sign on their car saying a teen is driving. There is no known hand signal for it that I've seen. But folks who run up on us like that are even putting their own lives at risk by following so close. If my son hits somebody head on because he floats into the oncoming traffic, they'll be going with us.

While I may like to speed like everybody else, it's a bad idea to assume everybody who is driving slow is just being a dumbass. They could be drunk, or inexperienced so their reaction is fairly unpredictable.

Or they might have their mother with them, who may get out of the car at the next stop sign and come flip out on you, which is what I was very tempted to do Saturday.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I really hate distracted drivers doing God only knows what while operating a moving vehicle! You should have applied your makeup, shaved, texted, etc BEFORE you left! So many times I have been in near accidents due to this. I am not a perfect driver and have also had close calls by being distracted by my kids or whatever, but I try very hard to be conscious of this and not allow myself to be distracted or else pull over.

Another thing that I find funny is when people see a cop driving in front/behind them they automatically slow down to BELOW the speed limit. Hahaha.... you can at least keep up with the popo.