Postpartum Belly before and afters?

Options
I’ve had 3 babies. My first two babies I carried in my hips, and my belly didn’t look too bad postpartum. But this precious little girl I just gave birth to... I carried her totally in the front, all belly. I know my belly will look somewhat better after weight loss and I do not have any aspirations of perfection. But I cannot fathom this EVER going away! Is there hope? Any mamas had success and willing to share?

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I had two babies in two years. Needless to say I was stretched out. Luckily with healthy diet and exercise I've shrunk back pretty well. I was lucky enough not to get any stretch marks on my belly so that's a plus, but one year later (after my last child) I'm still fighting some jiggle and really working on my core.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ive had 4 consecutive pregnancies since 2013! Had my 3rd baby this Feb and can safely say she's the last!

It went back okay after the 1st and 2nd child (not including the termination for medical reasons only reached 6 months of pregnancy so still stretched.)
    But after my third the jiggle is really hard to shift!

So if anyone is brave enough for a before and after photo I'd be grateful to see it can be done lol!
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    Give me a minute and ill post some pics
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I dont have any pictures right off hand of my first 3 pregnancies, but the pic on the left is about 1 year after my 3rd was born at 172lbs, and 2nd was 2 1/2 years later when I hit my goal of 136.
    w3v635eqqz8u.jpg
    this was my pregnancy belly with my 4th baby
    sjf5gzsbnbr3.jpg
    This is my before(probably a year or so after she was born) and now
    wsbhkn015ojo.jpg
    ja99t6j4kz7a.jpg

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You may also like this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

Lots of amazing women in there (quite a few of them mothers) :smile:
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    First pregnancy:

bumpprogression.png

Two days before #2 arrived:

bb1_2.jpg

Middle picture was after my first, and third picture was about 4 months after my second. Just calorie counted and exercised. :) Give it time, and congrats on your newest baby!

mfp.png
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken pictures. I thought I looked so gross after I had my last child. My stomach looks pretty ok now, but I think I will always have a silly looking belly button. It's kind of crater-like.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I will post my pictures, but I have only had 1 kid so far.

This is me the morning my son was born.
    o9s9oy7c8nl3.jpg

This is 1 and a half weeks pp.
    9u6to949hyjs.jpg

This is now (my son will be 3 in January)
    my0w3zkwy073.jpg

• angmarie28
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I wish I had taken pictures. I thought I looked so gross after I had my last child. My stomach looks pretty ok now, but I think I will always have a silly looking belly button. It's kind of crater-like.

Yep, my belly button droops on one side, , I had it pierced and kept it that way till my 4th because it sorta hit my disfugured belly button, now I dont really care, haha
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! This definitely gives me hope!