Beating the odds?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Try looking up The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) and its lead researcher James O. Hill.
    The NWCR studies people who have lost a fair amount of weight and managed to keep that weight off for 1 year or more.

Never heard of this. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOW... 60lbs... amazing progress, well done!
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I posted in here but thought I'd update it -- I've now lost well over 60lbs. I'm still determined and am working very hard. I have already proven myself and am proud of myself. Can't wait to lose more though! :)

60lbs is brilliant - well done OP !! This has given me the encouraging nudge I didnt quite realise I needed today, so thank you !
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love "odds"! I have never won anything material in my life, because "the odds" were against me. BUT: I am having a great life, I have seen half the world, have met the most amazing people, I am still reasonably healthy and I have finally (just over a year ago) found MFP and all those great members who are always prepared to give advise and inspiration. So now I am on this weight loss journey - need to lose about 80 or more kg ( 175 pounds? ) and the odds are with my effort - because I think so and I believe so. My wife is my best support, MFP has done all the calculations for me, so many members are always here to help and I take it meal by meal, day by day. It is all about mindset, trying to be positive, changing to a healthier lifestyle and trying to learn something new every day. Started just over a year ago, lost so far 32 kg (70 pounds.) So what can go wrong? Winning every day, because "the odds" say so!
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible if you have the right frame of mind and the will to see it through.

My Doctor, whom I have been a patient for 24 years, had told me over the years that it would be very difficult for me to lose weight given my health conditions. I lost 26 lbs. in 3 months and in the last 4 I've dropped another 9 lbs. Slow progress but progress none the less.

I have another 40 lbs. to lose and I simply will not give up until it is done! When I falter, usually at meal time, I just pick up where I left of the previous day and keep going.

You are on the right track. Keep it up!