Need accountability!

Options
SmimiasT
SmimiasT Posts: 3 Member
Mom of two little boys and they stress me out! I love them but when they throw a fit, I stress eat. Since having kids I have gained about 65 lbs. I plan to drop that by next March! I’ve been trying for so long with little to no luck. To top it off we recently moved and I know no one! Fat and lonely! Help?
I need friends and motivation!

Replies

• minders80
    minders80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I only have 1 boy but I feel your pain. I'm a yoyo dieter I've actually got down to my goal weight a couple of times but it always manages to creep back up on me. Tracking my food with Myfitnesspal always seems to help as long as I keep it up 😄
  • lisa9620
    lisa9620 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey 😊
    I'm a Mum of 2 boys as well (oldest is 4 and youngest is 8 months). 4 year old is a sensory seeker and drives me crazy every day lol. I stacked on weight after having kids and even Justin the last few months it's still creeping up so had to do something about it (well something that actually worked for me anyway). So I dragged my dusty treadmill inside and downloaded MFP and just 2 weeks in and I've already lost around 8 pounds (4.5kg where I live lol).
    2 weeks ago I was 89kg (196), today I'm 85.5kg (188). First goal is to get to 75kg (165). There is a weekly weigh in group too which helps with accountability. I'll try find it xx
    Feel free to add me if u like
  • lisa9620
    lisa9620 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I realised I jumped the gun there lol I was meant to write 3.5 kg loss so far not 4.5
    Here's the link to the weigh in group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-in-group
  • SmimiasT
    SmimiasT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of weekly weigh ins! I’ve only recently decided to join the community side of MFP. I’ve only ever entered meals. Thank you!!

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you most of all need to change your eating habits and set up your food environment so that healthy eating is the default. Plan balanced and varied meals, buy what you need for those meals (and nothing else), and aim to eat them at the scheduled time. Then you will have to find better ways to relieve stress. But there will hopefully be a little less stress.
  • TabiiJoyyB
    TabiiJoyyB Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl you got this! Add me if you'd like!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me - I love making new friends, and I love motivating others! Let's do this!! :)
  • christinekeopraseuth
    Options
    Hello! I have a 16month old and still have yet to lose my baby weight, so I really connected to your post. I am on here to lose 70 pounds to regain my body and be the active mom I always thought I would be.
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey there... I sent you a friend request 🙂. I just have one son, but I allowed myself to fall into unhealthy eating habits and found myself weighing 10 lbs more than I did when I was at full term with DS. I have 45 lbs to lose. I am down 5 lbs so far. I also weigh in with the weekly weigh in group.
  • ZQGainz
    ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hit me with a follow
  • BMP6285
    BMP6285 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids and it's still hard for me to be consistent and follow-through with good healthy habits and exercise routine. I feel you!! But I'm so thankful for the ability to connect and gain emotional support on this forum - I like the "you got this" approach. It's going to take time, patience, and positivity - we got this!!