THE ULTIMATE QUESTION: What's your favorite kind of tea?

Replies

• strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    My favorites are green and white!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    For anytime, English Breakfast with a splash of milk and a bit of sugar. Tumeric & ginger tea, especially on cold evenings. And for iced, unsweetened black tea.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited July 2018
    My go to at Starbucks is the Royal English Breakfast Tea and at home Tazo Awake English Breakfast. I drink a lot of both.
    I also like now and then -Tazo Organic Sultry Strawberry, Stash Chocolate Mint and Stash Chai Spice.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    For a hot black tea, I haven't found anything even remotely close to Harney and Sons Earl Grey Supreme. This is hands down the best black tea I've had so far. I have converted people who didn't think they liked Earl Grey, or even didn't think they liked tea. I have a subscription to this tea on Amazon.

If I'm looking for just a strong, "standard" black tea, I like Yorkshire.

If you like your black tea with a fruitier flavor, Harney and Sons Paris is very nice.

I make iced herbal tisanes because I can't have caffeine later in the day. Currently I'm drinking Celestial Seasonings Vermont Maple Ginger. The ginger taste is mild and blends well with the maple; this isn't a punch-you-in-the-sinuses ginger. It includes monkfruit, so no sweetener needed.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I drink a cup of English Breakfast tea pretty much every morning; make it at home for the drive in to work and then have one cup of coffee at work. If I have tea later, I like jasmine.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    My barista order is a London Fog with a hazelnut sugar free syrup.

My loose teas are a good Darjeeling or a Chai.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    OH for de-stress I take a chamomile.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Tea that tastes like toasted rice....yum!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I like chai as a normal tea... Sweetened, and with milk.

I like some herbal teas and other flavoured teas - my current fave is rooibos with mint and chocolate. It tastes as good as it smells (which I don't think is the case for many fancy flavoured teas)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    My husband is a tea drinker, but I am not. Although sometimes I really wish I was because it smells so good.

Anyway, he is an English Breakfast/Earl Grey guy, nothing added. He also likes the Celestial Seasonings Pumpkin Spice in the fall.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Only sweet peach iced tea
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    I have a hot apple cider herbal tea from the "Republic of tea" that is amazing! Especially on a crisp fall day.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I am addicted to this one.

https://www.goodearth.com/sweet-spicy-products.html?p=2

I've had all of them but like the one with dark tea with caffeine best. This brand has some amazing teas. Their Pomegranate Green tea is incredible for Iced Tea too.

I have to try some of their Organic loose teas soon.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I love plain old Earl Grey, but black tea makes me nauseated if I don't drink it on a full stomach for some reason, so I mostly stick with greens and herbals now.

I love matcha, this vanilla orchid oolong from David's Tea, and anything with a lot of rosehip and hibiscus. I also always have Cold 911 for whenever I have any congestion, since the mint and juniper fix that pretty much instantly. I've also been drinking this super fruity "pink lemonade" rooibos a lot this summer.
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    English breakfast tea (PG Tips) with milk!
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    English Breakfast. Builders style. Really strong with plenty of milk and sugar.

Admittedly I’ve pared the sugar down to a minimal 1.5g, but it really needs at least that.

About 10-12 cups a day. Every day.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Builder's tea haha
  • cammiecane
    cammiecane Posts: 62 Member
    Earl Grey and Chai. Yum!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Hmm...the "ultimate question" and it's about tea? Coffee for life. ;) But if I'm in the mood for a non-iced tea, I like lemon zinger.
  • mrslynda
    mrslynda Posts: 50 Member
    I am more a coffee drinker, but I do like tea. We usually have Bushells or Dilmah in our house. I like black tea with honey when I wake up with a sore throat. I don't like too much sugar in tea or coffee - unless is a 'special ' drink, like the caramel latte I'm drinking right now lol. I have also bought twinings Australian afternoon tea for myself. It's stronger than English afternoon tea. I am really liking green tea with lemon at the moment. It seems to go well with my work meals, and I work night shift, so need caffeine, but not too much. Most importantly I like the taste .

My sugar issue is that I can't get the right amount in tea. Too much is yucky, but sometimes I need something. I find with honey, flavour wise, I can't go wrong :)