Best breakfast for first day of new diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• marchutchisonsaxon
    marchutchisonsaxon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I no longer have breakfast since starting 16/8 IF but when I did I always had oatmeal and skimmed milk. I found it gave me a decent balance of carbs, protein and fat and wasn’t a huge amount of calories.
    • Chocolate Banana = Coco powder and banana with a teaspoon of honey
    • Coffee & Walnut = Teaspoon of instant coffee, 10g of chopped walnuts with a teaspoon of honey
    • Apple Pie = Sprinkle of Cinnamon, chopped fresh apple with a teaspoon of brown sugar
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast during the week but not on weekends (unless I make a big "breakfast" for lunch). This is because of how early I have to be up for work so I am hungry earlier.

On weekdays I have one of the following:
    Chobani yogurt and cinnamon roasted almonds
    Breakfast burrito (different fillings)
    2 Scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and fruit (when I work from home)

That is what works for me. You have to find what works for you. It could be something like above. It could be more food or less. It could be nothing. There is no "perfect" breakfast. It is 100% a personal decision.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    There is no best breakfast. I enjoy 2 eggs with bread + butter, bacon, veggies with olive oil. For some that can represent half of their daily calories.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and dark chocolate (100 calories worth) is my favorite breakfast. It works for me. It’s just about finding what works for you.