Cottage Cheese

Options
13»

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    cheese would add a bit of protein, right?

It's the only reason I got into cottage cheese. 1 pot has about 26g of protein. I'll eat a pot in one sitting to get my protein in.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Add your own flavors - fresher and tastier than pre-flavored.

Also, as a cottage cheese fan, I suggest trying to find one with as few ingredients as possible - a lot of them come full of stabilizers and other stuff. My favorite brands are just milk, cultures, and salt. The ones with wierd additives sometimes taste chalky and "off" to me.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I eat it because its pure protein and you can purchase the zero fat kind. I just sprikle some splenda on it mix it, and I swear it tastes like crustless cheesecake

omg, this sounds so good - will have a look and see what tesco and asda have next time I'm out:smile:
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What's this I hear about "pairing"? I like cottage cheese so much I eat it by itself. Out of the container. :X

haha me too!

It's been really helpful and delicious. though i do like it with mixed pineapple for dessert....
  • shellymeister
    shellymeister Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What's this I hear about "pairing"? I like cottage cheese so much I eat it by itself. Out of the container. :X

i do the exact same thing, haha! i thought it was just me!
  • katymambros
    katymambros Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love cottage cheese! I have never tried the already flavored kinds, but you can add sliced peaches, pineapple, strawberries, or most any other kind of fruit. You can also use a little bit in salad instead of dressing.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    For years I thought I hated cottage cheese, but I was wrong.
    Every time I tried Cottage Cheese it was "on a diet" and went for the fat-free stuff.

So one day I looked at the nutritional info, and decided that even the 4% fat CC still had a really good nutrition to calorie ratio.
    I can go as low and 2% fat CC, but after that I just don't enjoy it at all.

So I figure,these are my choices:
    1) Eating for optimal nutrition to calorie ratio, but not enjoying it
    2) Eating some that is enjoyable and nutritionally sound, but not perfect.
    3) Giving up entirely and eating like crap, then feeling like crap.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Cottage cheese is the best!

Do a search for protein shakes with cottage cheese they are awesome.

Got to try this!!
  • ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is so versatile. It can be added to anything for added protein. From fruit smoothies to savory dishes. If you don't like the taste always start small and work your way up. I love it! I didn't always like it, I remember I first tried it in a smoothie with a frozen banana and spinach and almond milk. You couldn't taste the cottage cheese or the spinach! It also helps to have a blender if you don't like the chunks. I use 4% fat because it's thicker and not as watery. Just a preference I suppose.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Been a while since I posted my original post but I have decided I am a sweet cottage cheese fan...particularly the ones that have pineapple mixed in with them - delicious on ryvita cracker bread but also nice to go into with a cheeky teaspoon for a wee snack :tongue:
    Also tried plain cottage cheese with honey and had it with a banana which was also very nice :smile:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I like it with pineapple, apricot or grapes :-)
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love having a bowl of cottage cheese with a diced tomato and black pepper sprinkled on top. Its so satisfying and delicious.
  • RaineBacon
    Options
    I make a cottage cheese salad with shredded carrots, chopped radishes and chopped green onions and mix it all together.
  • mlindenmuth36
    mlindenmuth36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love cottage cheese! I buy the probiotic singles and add tomato with a pinch of salt. Yum!
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Just wanted to share...cottage cheese with pineapple is the bees knees - om nom nom:tongue: