What's your golden rule that you try not to break?

Options
124»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Don't touch public handrails of any kind :s
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Falling off the wagon. I diet, pause, backtrack, march in place, and do all kinds of things, but I'm never off the wagon. My golden rule is to never allow myself to feel like I quit, even when I'm in the process of regaining weight.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Don't eat it if it's not worth the calories. No more eating ho-hum treats just because they're there. If I start eating something that has a disappointing calorie:enjoyment ratio, I either pawn it off on my husband :wink: or toss it.

This is mine, too. Don't waste the delicious points on things that are not delicious.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This thread appears to be drifting beyond food/diet rules, in which case I'd like to change my answer to never get involved in a land war in Asia :smile:

And "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Focus on creating behaviors you can sustain for life
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    1) Always carry a spoon.
    2) Always carry a bottle of water.
    3) Never feel guilty about having a splurge. I chose to do it and there's no point overanalysing the whys and wherefores or beating myself up about it. I can make a different choice next time.
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    -Never drink your calories (unless it’s a milkshake, of course ;) There are exceptions to every rule.)