Traveling

Options
rickiimarieee
rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
So I’m from the United States and I wanna travel the world. I’ve only been out of the country once. What are some places you guys have visited or lived that are worth seeing?
I’ve been to the Bahamas!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Australia
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Wakanda

I meant real places not based off black panther lol
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Australia

That’s definitely on my to go list!
  • DeeBrown173
    DeeBrown173 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So I’m from the United States and I wanna travel the world. I’ve only been out of the country once. What are some places you guys have visited or lived that are worth seeing?

You should definitely try to visit Dublin, Ireland. The people are very nice, the architecture is beautiful and there is so much to do
  • felixg1109
    felixg1109 Posts: 172 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am from germany and visited China, the US west coast, greece, turkey, spain, italy, france, netherlands, denmark, marrocco, swiss, austria and liechtenstein - travelling is a great thing to do.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to travel more myself. While I want to do international travel, I still think there's so much to see and do in the US.
  • DeeBrown173
    DeeBrown173 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to travel more myself. While I want to do international travel, I still think there's so much to see and do in the US.

Yea I agree. I was stationed in Germany and visited every country in Europe but I’ve been to about 7 states in the US not including my own state
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Greece is amazing!
    And the men 🤤

Bremuda is awesome. It’s a party the whole time.

San Fransico is my favourite city. I recommend everyone visit at least once.

And of course Canada. But I’m biased.
    My friend married a man from Greece she went there and I was so jealous! I definitely wanna visit there! I’ll have to look into Bermuda!
    Eh I’m not really one to travel in the United states, I’ve been to 8 states it’s pretty much all the same hustle! I like to explore and see different cultures and different foods!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

I’ve been to each side of the United States, while there’s different things to see it’s pretty much all the same in my opinion! I love to see new cultures and here new languages and different foods.
    Ever had fried conch?
    It’s like Bahamas main food!
    While I don’t like seafood my family loved t and we’re sad that its not really around where we are from.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    felixg1109 wrote: »
    I am from germany and visited China, the US west coast, greece, turkey, spain, italy, france, netherlands, denmark, marrocco, swiss, austria and liechtenstein - travelling is a great thing to do.

I’m jealous! I wish I had the time to travel! Plus my son, I wanna wait until he’s older because traveling with a child is difficult.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Wakanda

Watauga, Texas.

But that’s not what you said you said wakanda
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Ireland
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Greece is amazing
    I love Austria.
    I loved the island of St. Martaan but not sure what condition it is in since bring destroyed by the hurricane
    Hawaii is amazing.
    Oooh Italy. It's one of my most favourite place. Rome is so vibrant, Venice is amazing, the Amalfi coast just gorgeous and the food. Omg Italy is the best
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Greece is amazing
    I love Austria.
    I loved the island of St. Martaan but not sure what condition it is in since bring destroyed by the hurricane
    Hawaii is amazing.
    Oooh Italy. It's one of my most favourite place. Rome is so vibrant, Venice is amazing, the Amalfi coast just gorgeous and the food. Omg Italy is the best

Italy is my next go to place! As soon as I’m ready to travel that’s where I’m going! My papa came from Italy, because while it’s a beautiful country to visit it’s in poverty! I’d like to visit Hawaii some day as well!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Ireland

Definitely!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Wakanda

What about here?

5d7otf00k21q.png

In all seriousness, I went to the UK two years ago and while I adored being in England so much I found that Scotland was the place that I really didn't wanna leave.

Scotland is suppose to be the worlds most beautiful country I definitely wanna visit there!
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I haven’t done any international travel since having kids - I’d love to, but it’s not in my budget. In my pre-kid life, I spent a month in Germany and I would love to go back as well as visit dozens of other places.

For now, I settle for trips to different parts of the US. My best friend and I are currently planning a joint family vacation to the Great Lakes area next summer, Im hoping to get back to Arizona next winter, and I want to find time to take my kids to the Pacific Northwest for an away game for one of our soccer teams sometime in the next year or so.

As far as traveling with kids, mine have all been great trip companions from the time they were tiny and that has just gotten better and better with age. I’ll hop in the car with them for a 4-6 hour each way day trip or a 12-13 hour each way longer trip with no hesitation at all. They’re all great with air travel, as well, especially now that they’re all big enough to handle their own luggage. Other than the oldest, who didn’t really go on big vacations until he was 3 or 4 because I was still in school and had no money to do so, they’ve all been traveling regularly since they were infants, though, and I think that was key - the second took his first plane trip before he was even 2 months old while the younger two were both born after the oldest had started competing nationally in his sport and we were traveling at least every 6-8 weeks for a tournament, so it’s just part of normal life to them. All three of the little ones are like me and feel stir crazy wanting to get out of town to anywhere if we go more than a couple of months without at least a quick road trip.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Britain...before kids my wife and I did an awesome 2 week road trip starting in London to Bath, up through the Cotswolds to Edinburgh, and then ending in Aberfeldy for her mom's 70th surprise birthday party.

Roatan, Honduras (phenomenal scuba diving)

St Maarten (beautiful white sand beaches...unique culture in that half of the Island is Dutch and the other half is French)

Belize (spend some time on the mainland...San Ignacio is a neat little town...spend some time on the Islands...I preferred Caye Caulker to San Pedro.

Colombia (spent 4 days in Cartagena on the beach...the old city is really cool, but it's probably the hottest place I've ever been. Spent another 4 days in Medellin...it's a wonderful city...do a coffee plantation tour)

Tanzania (we did safaris in 4 different parks that were all uniquely different and stayed in some really interesting accommodations...tent camp, 4 seasons hotel, funny little hobbit house, tree house)

We're tentatively planning Costa Rica for the next Spring break.