What are you BAD at?

Options

Replies

• PaigeyPoo28
    PaigeyPoo28 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm BAD at learning a life lesson the first time. It takes a few times to get it right 😏

I think it’s like this for MOST people lol
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Overwhelming myself........with too many jobs.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Hide and seek

You're actually quite good at hide and seek.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Hide and seek

You're actually quite good at hide and seek.

Maybe I'm bad at finding things I'm bad at

Must be nice being you!
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Golf. And skiing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    At matching colors

I wear only two colors of t-shirts

1. Black
    2. Dark Black
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Not coming across as a complete *kitten* on forums...oh wait...
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Firstly I believed him when he said he is not the type of man who hurts a woman.... Every time he hurt me. I forgave him until it escalated to the unforgivable. Secondly, I thought that my children were better off having their father around, regardless of how he treated me. Thirdly, I figured I was a black belt, I could take a bit of beating. Fourthly I started to believe him when he told me I was worthless and I deserved it..... I could go on, but fifthly sounds weird

You're a blackbelt? Dammit. I AM gonna need the chloroform.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options

And if the relationship is only four months in, neither party is married and they are not pregnant together? Is there any reason to stay at that point? And thank you for your honesty by the way.

A lot of times abusive people will not reveal their whole psychosis until several months to years after the relationship starts. In a borderline relationship sometimes it is small things that you ignore (my case) and over time it gets worse and worse. You marry them thinking it will relieve their anxiety, you have kids with them, and each step in the direction ties you down more and also beats you further into submission to their madness.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Relationships.

Don't play victimhood with the narrative of "I'm bad at relationships."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKXLPuju8U

Really? Victimhood.
    Is it victimhood when say, someone treats another in a relationship badly, is often reactionary, accusatory and abusive but always uses the fallback narrative "sorry babe, I had a bad upbringing" as justification?

Why blame yourself as "bad at relationships" ?

If the relationship is bad/abusive why stick around? I don't understand why you would. What do you see in your partner? A rematch?

If it were that simple it would not have taken me 10 years to get out. Nothing is black and white

Enlighten me. Not to sound like a jerk – but I really would like to hear why you can't just walk away.

Firstly I believed him when he said he is not the type of man who hurts a woman.... Every time he hurt me. I forgave him until it escalated to the unforgivable. Secondly, I thought that my children were better off having their father around, regardless of how he treated me. Thirdly, I figured I was a black belt, I could take a bit of beating. Fourthly I started to believe him when he told me I was worthless and I deserved it..... I could go on, but fifthly sounds weird

You're a blackbelt? Dammit. I AM gonna need the chloroform.

😂 There's easier ways than chloroform!!
    Relationships.

Don't play victimhood with the narrative of "I'm bad at relationships."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKXLPuju8U

Really? Victimhood.
    Is it victimhood when say, someone treats another in a relationship badly, is often reactionary, accusatory and abusive but always uses the fallback narrative "sorry babe, I had a bad upbringing" as justification?

Why blame yourself as "bad at relationships" ?

If the relationship is bad/abusive why stick around? I don't understand why you would. What do you see in your partner? A rematch?

If it were that simple it would not have taken me 10 years to get out. Nothing is black and white

Enlighten me. Not to sound like a jerk – but I really would like to hear why you can't just walk away.

And if the relationship is only four months in, neither party is married and they are not pregnant together? Is there any reason to stay at that point? And thank you for your honesty by the way.

Every situation is different. But I will add that this all started about 4 months in. Subtly and slowly. I should have seen the warning flags but I didn't because I believed I was "in love". Gaslighting, emotional manipulation and pathological lying are not so easy to spot for some
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Not having adult beverages on the weekends.