510 lbs -> 187 lbs - my 323 lb weight-loss-story

Replies

• Big_Gedrick
    Big_Gedrick Posts: 5 Member
    Sir you are awesome a truly inspiring story thanks for sharing it with us .
  • Skelders88
    Skelders88 Posts: 35 Member
    felixg1109 wrote: »
    Thanks @jenilla1 & @slimgirljo15 @Big_Gedrick :-)

@philosearcher Sports in general is good for the skin - and drink enough water. I used a "bodytonic" to moisture my skin. I would recommend you to do weight-liftingt to prevent loosing to much muscles. Especially when you have loose so much weight. I had problems with my back within the first year, because my muscles degenerated and my spine wasn't stable anymore. Fixed it by doing weight-training within 2 month, but it hurt f... bad in the beginning.

Nevertheless genetics is a big part concerning skin and it takes time.

Btw - it's worth the fight, so keep on going. Feel free to ask if you have any questions

Perfect information. Thank you!! Luckily, I've been losing weight really slowly, so that seems to be helping with the excess skin and even muscle deterioration, but I'm still noticing it. I'll see what sports I can get into locally (I'm not in a great area for much in the way of sports). I'll check out bodytonics and see what I can find, and I'll start pushing for weight training again.

I'm looking forward to hitting that fit dude goal like you did. I'll shoot you a message should any more pop into my head. I really appreciate your input.
  • felixg1109
    felixg1109 Posts: 172 MFP Moderator
    Good luck for you!
  • manonamission73
    manonamission73 Posts: 8 Member
    Well done Felix, a outstanding commitment to get your life back
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    You look amazing and you look younger too! :smiley:
  • 104McKnight
    104McKnight Posts: 11 Member
    felixg1109 wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

since i cought myself using the international forum more often i would like to use this topic as my introduction.

My name is Felix, i'm 31, from Remscheid, Germany and moderator in the german section of this (great) forum. (English is not my native language - so please excuse my mistakes)

In February 2015 i reached my maximum weight of 231kg (510 lbs). I was an binge-eater and have been "fat" all my life. Even in the first years of school i was the biggest guy around. When i started studying my eating disorder went stronger and stronger, until it was basically everything i had in my life. With the start of march 2015 i changed my life and fought my way out of the eating disorder.

Within about two years of dieting and doing sports i lost 323 lbs. I did most of it by myself, since my old doctor was not supportive at all (got a new one now). I changed my way of eating, got "sober" of my binge-attacks and started doing sports when i reached the physical ability to do so.

Since last year i am getting rid of the big amount of loose skin and had a 360° bodylift in september 2017 and an upper-bodylift in march 2018. Last thing to do are the thighs - and at the beginning of this week i submitted an application to my insurance, hoping that they will cover the costs.

With my weight, my whole life changed - i changed from a very intoverted person into liking social activities, i like doing sports and love to hike and travel.

Here are some before-and-after-pics
    2015:
    f21mfxs.png
    f3czerx.jpg
    f4yfe87.png

2018:
    001frd7v.jpg
    00296cv2.jpg
    00316ifu.jpg

I started my journey at 347 pounds and have lost 41 pounds so far since June, 10 2018. I am assuming that I as well will have some skin issues and I am dreading that issue. Are the body lift procedures hard to deal with, and are they real expensive?

What kind of life change or eating habits did you do? Like Keto or calories in, calories out?
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member

Herzliche Glückwünsche!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    well you are amazing , way to go and congrats on losing so much , I am at 420 right now , and I want to lose at lease 200 , I have lost little over 50 pounds so far . I know I will need surgery , in my legs and maybe my tummy , but that is a long way off . Right now I am just trying to lose it . Thank You for your story !!!

people really don't understand about eating disorders , they are real and just as painful as drug addiction or drinking . I am working on that as well . again Thank You !
  • felixg1109
    @buffywhitney Dankeschön :smiley:
    @tammyfranks2 You can do it! Considering eating disorders : yeah, you're right on that. On the one hand drug addiction and alcoholism are more heavy about the physical aspect when stopping it, but the problem on eating disorders like Binge eating and bulemia is that you still need food to live. You cant stop eating like you can stop drinking alcohol. And every former alcoholic knows, that it can be really critical, when the there's alcohol in something where they didn't expecedt it. It's similar to trigger-foods. I don't have any potato chips in my house because I would eat them in hard times. When I host a party or something like that I buy them, but my guests take the leftovers with them.

Just to make clear: alcoholism and drug addiction are really really bad things and maybe a lot worse for most than eating disorders, but they still have a lot in common.

Still there is the possibility to stop it. And @tammyfranks2 you have the ability too. Good luck for you and your journey.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    you are absolutely amazing!
  • lunchboxesforme
    lunchboxesforme Posts: 6 Member
    This is awesome, congratulations Felix!
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Wow a big congrats to you!
  • felixg1109
    Thanks @ everyone. I really appreciate it
  • SunStarMoon47
    SunStarMoon47 Posts: 5 Member
    Absolutely inspirational. Also, thanks for your replies and insights into the process.
  • vampireebunny
    vampireebunny Posts: 13 Member
    omg great job!!! :D *applause*

So many people make excuses, including myself at times, but you really grabbed the bull by the horns and pushed through!! that's not too easy to overcome when you suffer from disordered eating (I know how that feels). Keep being active! At this point who cares about "weight", you've changed your mentality completely and are soo much healthier. Congrats :D
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Felix! What an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Bravo!
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Your English and journey are both amazing! Thank you for the tip about how to eat large to get small. Being able to eat a huge meal full of vegetables sure beats an over processed protein bar/shake or 1/2 cup of potatoes with my meat that wouldn’t fill my pet! I agree eating a large amount of vegetables is a much better trade off! Well done and thank you, so much, for sharing your story. Please do keep posting!
  • msegalrubin
    msegalrubin Posts: 10 Member
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!