I Regret...

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Fights with my family that didn't need to happen.

Placing to much value on pride.

Pride goeth before a fall my grandma said. I've no idea what that means and I've had a few drinks and grandma was nasty so ya there's that
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Pride goeth before a fall my grandma said. I've no idea what that means and I've had a few drinks and grandma was nasty so ya there's that

I'm coming off a personal emotional crash where I was filled with pride. It's...I think, a warning to never forget your place as subject to larger forces...like God, in that particular way of putting it.

Arrogance is blinding (I think it comes with pride), and when I go through...well, mania I guess...I get arrogant and forget the people who are helping me and who I need to help with the energy I have.

When I get too self-centered, I build like a negative karma and it eventually bites back.

Too much pride with my brother led to big family blowouts...too much pride with well losing weight lead me to overvalue myself and irritate the *kitten* out of everyone.

You can't kick yourself forever but you can't fly forever either idk.

Work in progress.

But don't all these make us what we are today?

I don't know you nor can I claim to know what you're going through or have been through but there are two sides. Forgiveness is good of ourselves especially.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I regret..... just about everything I’ve ever done.

This honestly encapsulates how I feel about my life.

Problem is I'm afraid I'm dragging others down with me as I go. :neutral:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I regret..... just about everything I’ve ever done.

Same, unfortunately.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I'm coming off a personal emotional crash where I was filled with pride. It's...I think, a warning to never forget your place as subject to larger forces...like God, in that particular way of putting it.

Arrogance is blinding (I think it comes with pride), and when I go through...well, mania I guess...I get arrogant and forget the people who are helping me and who I need to help with the energy I have.

When I get too self-centered, I build like a negative karma and it eventually bites back.

Too much pride with my brother led to big family blowouts...too much pride with well losing weight lead me to overvalue myself and irritate the *kitten* out of everyone.

Work in progress.

I don't know you nor can I claim to know what you're going through or have been through but there are two sides. Forgiveness is good of ourselves especially.

I was in a bad place and highly confused on many levels tbh, but mistakes are human. I am trying to own mine...ridiculous as they are 🤣

Live and learn.

Mistakes mean growth. I am into art and drawing and mistakes is a thing...if you see it you can fix it! If you can't see it...then your work may not be very good.

There's a line between being paralyzed by realizing your constant state of imperfection and being productive that I'm working to find.

You really can't beat yourself up forever for your shortcomings or what? Wither?

It's good to be in the middle I guess...I tend towards extremes which I don't like about myself. It has it's merits too, though...when I take off my censors and governors and go full batshit about something I'm a force.

Sounds like you have it all worked out
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Work in progress.

I was in a bad place and highly confused on many levels tbh, but mistakes are human. I am trying to own mine...ridiculous as they are 🤣

Live and learn.

Mistakes mean growth. I am into art and drawing and mistakes is a thing...if you see it you can fix it! If you can't see it...then your work may not be very good.

There's a line between being paralyzed by realizing your constant state of imperfection and being productive that I'm working to find.

You really can't beat yourself up forever for your shortcomings or what? Wither?

It's good to be in the middle I guess...I tend towards extremes which I don't like about myself. It has it's merits too, though...when I take off my censors and governors and go full batshit about something I'm a force.

Sounds like you have it all worked out

Hardly :(

I have it worked out that I can be a *kitten*.

Edit: but that is progress 😁

Progress is good. Maybe you're not really a kitten
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Thinkin' it was gonna' be easier this time.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Everything, everything, everything...getting sucked in!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Not being strong enough to stand up to certain people and not having the courage to uphold my boundaries

^^this
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I regret not dieting when I first started working out, I'd be so much further along than I am now.
  • laura9503
    laura9503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I regret staying in a relationship which wasn't making me happy because I was scared to break up
    Also, I regret the few too many gin tonics I drank this weekend
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I regret changing my username. I feel like I should be slapped frantically with a wet fish.

This is like the equivalent of going on a boozy holiday and coming back with a dodgy permanent tattoo.

Don't drink and change your username, kids.

I was just about to say: I regret getting my wedding ring tattooed to prove to a man (who would never trust me anyway) that I was loyal and devoted. Now the marriage is over and the freaking eye sore is constantly in my face, even as I type this. I want it gone!!!!!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I regret changing my username. I feel like I should be slapped frantically with a wet fish.

This is like the equivalent of going on a boozy holiday and coming back with a dodgy permanent tattoo.

Don't drink and change your username, kids.

I was just about to say: I regret getting my wedding ring tattooed to prove to a man (who would never trust me anyway) that I was loyal and devoted. Now the marriage is over and the freaking eye sore is constantly in my face, even as I type this. I want it gone!!!!!

Girl I feel you. We rush into things just to prove to a man that we love them. We forget about ourselves. I know this feeling well. So sorry. Can you get tattoo removal?