Favourite exercise?

Options
shaf238
shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
What is your favourite exercise? And why?

Mine is the good old preacher curl. Love the burn you get from isolating the bicep, particularly that feeling on the negative rep 🔥

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Squats - great muscle builder - plus the challenge of having a heavy weight on your back that can squash you
  • shaf238
    Options
    I know squats are a great exercise, and they're a part of my routine - I really dislike them!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    running
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Can't beat a good trail run when you hit it well rested and fueled.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lifting
  • shaf238
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Lifting

Any lifts in particular?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My favourite strength move is upright row.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Running here. I walk out my front door and I am free. It's my best part of the morning and it"s all mine!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Bench! its the best. Curling is a runner up.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Nordic skiing. The scenery, the connection with nature, the speed, the mastery of technique that takes a lifetime to achieve. Just can't say enough about it. Plus, the fittest people on Earth are competitive Nordic skiers.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Biking - feeling of speed, interval nature of the hills and recovery, can go almost everywhere (though smarter not to go some places), and with right fueling and training, can go so long.
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Compound exercises like Squats and Deadlift, also Planks for the core. I like to train many muscles with just a few exercises. Running for cardio.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Lifting

Any lifts in particular?

I'd have to say hip thrusts
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I love to hike and explore nature
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I forgot to say why rowing!

I guess I thought it would be obvious. ;) : You get to go pretty fast, and backwards; you use lots of muscle groups; you can keep pushing/working harder indefinitely; it can be a nice easy rest-day paddle or a maximum-sustainable-heart rate intense workout; there's near-infinite detail to the technique so it stays intellectually engaging because there's always some technical improvement you can make to get faster; there are sleepover rowing camps for grown-ups; and - perhaps most importantly - it's outdoors, on a river. :)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cycling - I can go anywhere under my own power, can stop and look at beautiful and/or interesting things, and it's just fun.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise, I prefer training.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cycling...I lift too, but road cycling is by far and away my favorite exercise activity.
  • shaf238
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I don't exercise, I prefer training.

I meant what individual exercise (like bench press, squats, deadlift, etc) is your favourite as part of your training regimen.