Over 50 woman - 40 lbs to lose - been on two weeks -

Options
Eiliryn
Eiliryn Posts: 15 Member
Looking for other friends in their late forties/early fifties who have about the same amount to lose. I have been fit most of my life, but the weight just crept up on me these past five years. Somehow I got to be a size XL, even though I didn't look much different to myself in the mirror.
How did it happen?
Gradually stopped being as active as I had been, and gradually changed my eating habits to include lots of pastries and chocolate. Noticed I can't actually do things I used to love - skate, go to the pool, (in what swimsuit???) wear shorts, wear any of my old size 10-12-14-16 clothes, walk without my thighs rubbing together uncomfortably, keep up with the neighborhood walking group, run, etc. Pretty limiting. Also feel tired all the time and achy. I am 5'6", but I have a small frame. I definitely was not meant to weigh 180 lbs.
Been telling myself for years to get a handle on it, but just couldn't sustain a diet/exercise plan for more than a few days, and would get SO discouraged thinking about how long (months!) it would take to lose the weight. But for some reason, I am sticking with it now. How about you?

Replies

• PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You got this. I've lost 67 pounds since January 1st.. with another 40 more to go. I actually feel so much better now. I've made this a lifestyle change, and it feels like a part of my day now.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,730 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :) Here's a nice group of ladies with a monthly support thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10678363/women-ages-50-for-july-2018#latest
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there...
    same boat... Just trying to keep my head above water.
    I could have written exactly what you said @Eiliryn - What the he!! just happened?

I just hate the thigh thing...
    Now... I think ... hope ... this time will stick.
    I have lost 10 put it back on lost 5 back on it comes ...

thank you @sugaraddict4321 @kommodevaran @PhotogirlTX you are such inspirations...