Sports bra issues

Options
2»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I can't stand sports bras with removable pads. They move around and come out or get scrunched in the wash. I only buy non-removable padded ones now, lol.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend Brooks/Moving Comfort bras. They don't have any weird pads that move around, they're easy to get on and off, and they should work for your size. Try a local running store, even if you aren't a runner, if you'd like to check out bras in person. They often carry this brand.

For bustier people who want a good sports bra with a standard hook style closure, I always recommend Panache. I've been running in their bras for years. I love them so much that I started buying the brand's everyday bras as well.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Best advice I was ever given was if you splurge on nothing else buy good quality bras. These are usually name brand but a good bra shop usually has it's own brand(s). Second get fitted some place that has a bra line you like cause within the same brand the sizes are usually true though all the styles so even if they dont carry sports bras in store you should be able to order them. This is how my busty self found a bra I could kickboxing in.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I've found that if you happen to be the right size, which I am, the high impact Avia Walmart bras are very similar to much more expensive Brooks bras in terms of support. The seams are in the same place - they are basically a cheaper clone of a Brooks. They lack the adjustable straps and the hook, but I dislike the hook anyway, and the straps happen to be the length I need. And the cups are lined but don't have sliding padding. I'm a 36 / 38 C cup in regular bras and a L fits me, so it sounds as if we are close to the same size. If the issue is that no stores near you have the correct size in stock, you can get one online in 2 days. Send it back if it doesn't work! For fifteen bucks instead of fifty, it's worth trying before you splurge on Brooks.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I will definitely keep an eye out for some of those brands.
    Did a google map search last night and I do not even have a "Dicks" near me, or Castela, or REI (Had one of those in the state I grew up in though). So when I need a new one I will def be amazon searching. Didn't do that in the first place as I had never shopped for a sports bra before and had no idea what size I would be in the tighter material.

Update: I found the opening to remove the padding, it was very well hidden. Small slit right next to the hemline on the side, with a little flap of cloth covering it like you sometimes see on pillow cases.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Funny you bring this up! I have Under Armour sports bras which I love but they have the slits and removable inserts. I got so tired of the inserts coming out in the laundry, just last week I sewed them all in place. I used my sewing machine and stitched a short seam on both sides of each insert to keep them in place.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    Funny you bring this up! I have Under Armour sports bras which I love but they have the slits and removable inserts. I got so tired of the inserts coming out in the laundry, just last week I sewed them all in place. I used my sewing machine and stitched a short seam on both sides of each insert to keep them in place.

I may have to do this, great idea!
  • CharleyRose1236
    CharleyRose1236 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been using Lonsdale sport bra and I'm so impressed!! They are so comfy and really good support. I usually wear them all the time even when I'm not working out.

I got them on sale but even the full price wasn't that bad. I would highly recommend them. 😊
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try Athleta. They are good about fitting/helping. And have a give it a workout guarantee so if you don't like it, you can return, even if you have worn it for a workout.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maidenform Sports Bra DM7992!! I hated sports bras until I found this one. It says it's designed for low impact activities, but I can do jumping jacks and all sorts of high impact stuff in it and never give a second thought about it. It's designed like a regular padded bra and super comfortable and flattering. It's convertible and you can easily make the straps uncomplicated like a traditional bra that has a back closure. It washes well and holds its form. Kohl's has them on sale now and they have a great return policy, so you can just get a full refund if you try it out and don't like it for any reason.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    UA or Champion Will molded cups
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I remove the inserts. Problem solved.