If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    RCPV wrote: »
    Bubingka
    o2iasbfecjmf.png

I miss those..
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    I would love a big bowl of gumbo in these colder temps!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    q0urqijwxmh8.jpg
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member

As long as you don't put in okra, I'm in!
  • pancakerunner
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I'm back to wanting peppermint, this time ice cream! A friend posted about Haagen Daaz peppermint ice cream which would be my first choice. Then saw Talenti has a peppermint and Dryers or Bryers has a peppermint hot chocolate while the other has peppermint stick. I was going to buy peppermint ice cream at the store since it's just a yearly treat and forgot today! Is it worth the lines to get it this weekend?

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

These are my two favorties!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    I'm back to wanting peppermint, this time ice cream! A friend posted about Haagen Daaz peppermint ice cream which would be my first choice. Then saw Talenti has a peppermint and Dryers or Bryers has a peppermint hot chocolate while the other has peppermint stick. I was going to buy peppermint ice cream at the store since it's just a yearly treat and forgot today! Is it worth the lines to get it this weekend?

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

That's the peppermint hot chocolate I saw on Facebook, it looks so good! Shoot, i don't want you go to the store this weekend only for ice cream but I'm tempted!
  • pancakerunner

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

That's the peppermint hot chocolate I saw on Facebook, it looks so good! Shoot, i don't want you go to the store this weekend only for ice cream but I'm tempted!

Consider it a gift to yourself :)
  • jlhalley7835

lol gumbo literally means okra you can't have one without the other :D

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Everything from the last 5 pages.. I'm craving sweets
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member

Now I want fried okra 😋
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member

Hahaha! :D Guess I'm out then.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Literally everything, starting with something chocolatey and with good texture.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member

Jambalaya doesn't have to have okra, so you're still ok with some creole food, but yeah, you really can't make gumbo without okra. But... even if you don't like okra, have you TRIED gumbo? It's not slimy like some okra can be. It's really good.

Pickled okra is a favorite garnish for the best bloody mary of all. Plus pickled beans. Plus pickled garlic. Plus peproncini. Plus capers. Plus maybe even some bacon.... Then a bowl of gumbo. Oh, yeah.
  • pancakerunner
    goatg wrote: »
    najeovbdsgyl.jpg

everything about this picture!
  • jlhalley7835

No worries, I cook it down to where you don't even know its there :smile:
  • Katmary71
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Jambalaya doesn't have to have okra, so you're still ok with some creole food, but yeah, you really can't make gumbo without okra. But... even if you don't like okra, have you TRIED gumbo? It's not slimy like some okra can be. It's really good.

Pickled okra is a favorite garnish for the best bloody mary of all. Plus pickled beans. Plus pickled garlic. Plus peproncini. Plus capers. Plus maybe even some bacon.... Then a bowl of gumbo. Oh, yeah.

Interesting this came up, I tried okra for the first time tonight. Well, I have bean gumbo in the Instant pot, I defrosted okra to dice and it doesn't taste like anything, what am I missing? Or does fresh have more flavor?
  • Katmary71
    goatg wrote: »
    najeovbdsgyl.jpg

everything about this picture!

Heaven! I want some!
  • Katmary71

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

Consider it a gift to yourself :)

My mom has peppermint cookies for Christmas, if that doesn't satisfy the craving I'll be stopping at Safeway on the drive home Christmas day! I think I've talked her into making double chocolate peppermint cheesecake for Christmas Eve so I may survive!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    edited December 2019
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Interesting this came up, I tried okra for the first time tonight. Well, I have bean gumbo in the Instant pot, I defrosted okra to dice and it doesn't taste like anything, what am I missing? Or does fresh have more flavor?

When you cook it, it can get "slimy" and "mucilaginous." It's a big turn-off for some people because of the texture. If you are tasting it thawed but otherwise raw, it won't have that texture yet. In gumbo, it really dissolves and is hard to discern, and it adds a thickness to the dish. zd6swuc0h8cn.png
    Mmmmm... I want some.

If instead you make something like stewed okra and tomatoes, you will find some people who can't get it past their lips. a09747d8aj8h.png
    The good news is that can change as tastes change. Somehow when you fry it, it doesn't get slimy. Tasty tasty, but... fried. But if it didn't have calories, I'd eat a huge pile of fried okra.

5qyoxsv04h83.png

And a Bloody Mary with ALL the garnishes...
    kal6jslfvow1.png