Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,984 Member Member Posts: 1,984 Member
    The German Chocolate Cake Day made me look it up...hey, it's not from Germany at all!

From Wikipedia...ya learn something new every day:

German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. On June 3, 1957, a recipe for "German's Chocolate Cake" appeared as the "Recipe of the Day" in The Dallas Morning News.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 252,783 Member Member, Premium Posts: 252,783 Member
    The German Chocolate Cake Day made me look it up...hey, it's not from Germany at all!

From Wikipedia...ya learn something new every day:

German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. On June 3, 1957, a recipe for "German's Chocolate Cake" appeared as the "Recipe of the Day" in The Dallas Morning News.

I assumed it was from Germany too.. there ya go, I learned something too..

Now I'm craving rich chocolate cake..
  • miscgraphicsmiscgraphics Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    Cake seems to be a popular answer, and I love cake. There’s chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting that I’d eat all day long if it didn’t have calories. But not thinking about it... nope. Not thinking about it at all. I’m really not. Can you buy just one piece of cake? What am I saying? I don’t want it. Lol
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 4,484 Member Member Posts: 4,484 Member
    Okay people. Stop. Just stop. That's enough. Now. I'm trying to start back to my healthy way of eating with my veggie omelet for dinner, bunless veggie burger smothered in veggies for lunch and a banana/raspberry nice cream for breakfast. I'm planning on my plain Greek yogurt for my bedtime snack. But if you don't STOP all this nonsense right this minute, I'm going to run to the store and see what they've got in their bakery aisle(they actually make a pretty mean carrot cake there) or buy another pint of the B&J's kind. So STOP. ;)

Hmmm, wonder if they've got banana bread? Or chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting or...........?? Oh man. I'm doomed. :(
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member
  • miscgraphicsmiscgraphics Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    Touché pancake.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member
    OMG YESSS to the banana bread ice cream sandwich, what a genius idea. Now I am craving banana bread.

All the photos of chocolate cakes just don't do it for me. Not a fan of chocolate cake. Could go for some funnel cake though!

yo8f6nsdwu9f.png
    c3k762jw7w50.png
    aewfiaa2jhoy.png
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 30,654 Member Member Posts: 30,654 Member

ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Okay people. Stop. Just stop. That's enough. Now. I'm trying to start back to my healthy way of eating with my veggie omelet for dinner, bunless veggie burger smothered in veggies for lunch and a banana/raspberry nice cream for breakfast. I'm planning on my plain Greek yogurt for my bedtime snack. But if you don't STOP all this nonsense right this minute, I'm going to run to the store and see what they've got in their bakery aisle(they actually make a pretty mean carrot cake there) or buy another pint of the B&J's kind. So STOP. ;)

Hmmm, wonder if they've got banana bread? Or chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting or...........?? Oh man. I'm doomed. :(

Ohh..

ip0rd3iiewhf.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,395 Member Member Posts: 8,395 Member
    z3cvmkp1i0xe.png

I'd take this over any chocolate cake anyday...
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 252,783 Member Member, Premium Posts: 252,783 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I have a banan bread recipe. Tastes great but does not belong here, unless you make a couple loafs lol :)
    Post the recipe or not.... what to do, what to do........

Post it :)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member
    I have a banan bread recipe. Tastes great but does not belong here, unless you make a couple loafs lol :)

Don't leave us hanging, POST IT!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,395 Member Member Posts: 8,395 Member
    There is nothing better than a yummy homemade banana bread - I too would love to see your rendition @just_Tomek
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,816 Member Member Posts: 5,816 Member

POST the recipe!

POST the recipe!

Honestly. Do we have to smack you upside da head or something??
    Pancakerunner, I hope while you're taking one for the team, you plan on sharing!! That's gotta be right up there in my top 10 drool list.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Pancakerunner, I hope while you're taking one for the team, you plan on sharing!! That's gotta be right up there in my top 10 drool list.

p5duefg2emkq.png