Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• skelterhelterskelterhelter Member Posts: 688 Member Member Posts: 688 Member
    exjpoidap2r3.jpg

difference of 50 calories... which are you choosing?

I actually like the Skinny Cow saucers a lot and find it tastes very similar to the full-fat versions of the same. However, if it was a less tasty brand of lower calorie ice cream, then hell yeah I'd eat the Oreo!
    edited June 2
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 299 Member Member Posts: 299 Member
    Saganaki with crusty warm bread. jwa4j4gdvx5e.jpeg

dang- yes please. so yummy :)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,180 Member Member Posts: 5,180 Member
    The whole jar 7ld6jz26p8m1.jpeg
    2z1em8ocp2go.jpeg
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,524 Member Member Posts: 1,524 Member
    They have Snickers Peanut Butter????? Where???

Peanut butter is my one true downfall. :( I've gone without for 2 whole days now. :/ That might not sound like much but if we were only allowed one food for the rest of our lives, my choice would be peanut butter.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,490 Member Member Posts: 6,490 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    They have Snickers Peanut Butter????? Where???

Peanut butter is my one true downfall. :( I've gone without for 2 whole days now. :/ That might not sound like much but if we were only allowed one food for the rest of our lives, my choice would be peanut butter.

I think it only sold in Europe (Germany/Poland).
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 546 Member Member Posts: 546 Member
    2z1em8ocp2go.jpeg
    2z1em8ocp2go.jpeg

Noreenmarie1234 You are allowing the Snickers Peanut Butter to haunt us before even trying it... but great share ( drool on face....)
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,550 Member Member Posts: 1,550 Member
    Chicken thighs with burst tomatoes, harissa, and feta. Over rice. One of my favorites to cook.
    kjhwzdftc1fb.jpeg
  • mookybargirlmookybargirl Member Posts: 155 Member Member Posts: 155 Member
    n5flwzz4zcow.jpeg
    UK friends. Very dangerous having it in the house. Was a huge fan of pip and nut until I found this.....
    edited June 3
    Just-Tomek, that looks like a heaven-made dessert. :) You've definitely made my mouth water with that picture. Is that a hidden family secret recipe?? IOW, will you share the recipe? ;/
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,574 Member Member Posts: 3,574 Member
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 27,139 Member Member Posts: 27,139 Member
    ec7rekxxsvr9.png
    7jyr58xqf864.png

Yes please. 🤤
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,116 Member Member Posts: 9,116 Member
    Just-Tomek, that looks like a heaven-made dessert. :) You've definitely made my mouth water with that picture. Is that a hidden family secret recipe?? IOW, will you share the recipe? ;/

I can share the recipe no problem but I will never make it. I would quickly have to give it away to someone OR forget about calories for a moment lol
    I will get the recipe from my mom, translate and post it. Maybe tomorrow :)

https://honestcooking.com/karpatka-polish-vanilla-custard-slice/

Took the easy way out. My mom will make double this for recipe.
    edited June 4
  • hawkeye45_hawkeye45_ Member Posts: 521 Member Member Posts: 521 Member
    Everything in my freezer.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 546 Member Member Posts: 546 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    My mom's "karpatka".

Karpatka-Polish-Vanilla-Custard-Slice.jpg

This looks good- much like somerhing my grandma would make (She is Lithuanian)
    edited June 4
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,180 Member Member Posts: 5,180 Member
    My mom's "karpatka".

WOW, this looks AMAZING! It looks like it would taste like baklava but with custard in the middle instead of nuts.
  • bdale1966bdale1966 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    kroger deluxe death by chocolate ice cream. the entire container. in one sitting.

I can share the recipe no problem but I will never make it. I would quickly have to give it away to someone OR forget about calories for a moment lol
    I will get the recipe from my mom, translate and post it. Maybe tomorrow :)

https://honestcooking.com/karpatka-polish-vanilla-custard-slice/

Took the easy way out. My mom will make double this for recipe.

Thank you!! It's saved. Maybe for a holiday specialty item. If I can wait that long. :)
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,076 Member Member Posts: 242,076 Member
    I made a lemon meringue pie. Hang the calories cause I'm having a biiiig slice :D

x9e8hq7kfwd9.jpg
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,116 Member Member Posts: 9,116 Member
    My mom's "karpatka".

WOW, this looks AMAZING! It looks like it would taste like baklava but with custard in the middle instead of nuts.

Baklava, hmmmm not really. The dough part is different pastry. This is close to a napoleon cake, but much richer, taller etc. Same pastry but the filling is different.

Napoleon cake.

torta-napoleonka-varsavia.jpg?x34266
    edited June 4