Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

1310311313315316472

Replies

  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,542 Member Member Posts: 6,542 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    9udd4iokpavq.jpg
    56dm66wba2g0.jpg

    Ok so this is a post of some middle ground...lol!I have no idea what it tastes like but 2 of my favorite things are maple and peanut butter😋

    I discovered something I wish I hadn't, if you have an air fryer (or convection oven) put peanut butter on a tortilla with maple syrup and cinnamon and pop in the air fryer a few minutes, It looks awful but I keep flying through jars of peanut butter, I've gotta stop re-purchasing it as I'm gaining a lot of weight! It's not that high calorie if you can stop at one though.

    Omg that sounds incredible. Trying this tonight LOL. Never tried this in an air fryer.
    edited July 2020
  • thelastnightingalethelastnightingale Member, Premium Posts: 582 Member Member, Premium Posts: 582 Member
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member
    Looking at all those sweets doesn't make me hungry at all. In fact, it kind of turns my stomach. WAY too sweet. I am so much more drawn to the crunchy/salty things or the savory things or what I had for lunch:

    somdtybainf6.jpg

    Fresh poppy seed bagel & cream cheese, red onion, and tomato. Half with lox and capers and green onions, the other half with really good pastrami.

    I couldn't help myself; they had day-old bags of seven bagels for five bucks, so I went against better judgement and got a sack. If they didn't have calories, I might eat more of them. I was able to eat one, save two for my hike tomorrow, and slice/freeze a couple two-packs for another time. I could eat four or five fresh bagels almost any time.

    Just am not drawn to all the overly sweet desserts.

    I could maybe go for a little halvah, though.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,570 Member Member Posts: 1,570 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Looking at all those sweets doesn't make me hungry at all. In fact, it kind of turns my stomach. WAY too sweet. I am so much more drawn to the crunchy/salty things or the savory things or what I had for lunch:

    somdtybainf6.jpg

    Fresh poppy seed bagel & cream cheese, red onion, and tomato. Half with lox and capers and green onions, the other half with really good pastrami.

    I couldn't help myself; they had day-old bags of seven bagels for five bucks, so I went against better judgement and got a sack. If they didn't have calories, I might eat more of them. I was able to eat one, save two for my hike tomorrow, and slice/freeze a couple two-packs for another time. I could eat four or five fresh bagels almost any time.

    Just am not drawn to all the overly sweet desserts.

    I could maybe go for a little halvah, though.

    Halvah is the BOMB😋😋😋😋😋💙💚💛💛💜
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,570 Member Member Posts: 1,570 Member
    Dessert pizza looks amazing right now. Also craving boneless buffalo wings. lqqti32n1unf.jpeg
    iza2u2iaxbmh.jpeg
    7zd62hhjgzsy.jpeg
    vm4d2i6b9zvi.jpeg
    a1qc1zh8apro.jpeg
    r0cqk25bntg0.jpeg
    plnxxzyd2fbh.jpeg

    Dessert pizza yes looks phenominal
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Halvah is the BOMB😋😋😋😋😋💙💚💛💛💜

    Yes it is! So many varieties to choose from, and you just need a tiny bit. You may want more. I'm ok with more, but not that much more. So sweet. And seedy. Lots of seedy goodness.

    And Halwa is pretty good, too, and doesn't have to be so sweet. Wheat based instead of sesame.

    But if it wasn't for calories, I'm more likely to dig into something that ain't sweet unless it's also salty and savory and maybe even crispy.

    Or at least tacos.

    Or pizza.

    Pizza with roasted red potatoes, caramelized onions, and bacon. It's time I treat myself to that one some time soon. Before they close things down again.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,423 Member Member Posts: 9,423 Member
    oh my...did someone mention halvah?

    @mtaratoot - I'll take the 'left overs' that you don't want. I don't have a sweet tooth...I'm quite sure I have sweet teeth...all of them.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,570 Member Member Posts: 1,570 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Halvah is the BOMB😋😋😋😋😋💙💚💛💛💜

    Yes it is! So many varieties to choose from, and you just need a tiny bit. You may want more. I'm ok with more, but not that much more. So sweet. And seedy. Lots of seedy goodness.

    And Halwa is pretty good, too, and doesn't have to be so sweet. Wheat based instead of sesame.

    But if it wasn't for calories, I'm more likely to dig into something that ain't sweet unless it's also salty and savory and maybe even crispy.

    Or at least tacos.

    Or pizza.

    Pizza with roasted red potatoes, caramelized onions, and bacon. It's time I treat myself to that one some time soon. Before they close things down again.

    I love sesame, can not tolerate wheat. I loved sweets but its not really a real temptation because I want the whole thing and would rather pass all together. Chocolate protein, cocoa and a lot of other recipes have alternatives which is awesome....
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,423 Member Member Posts: 9,423 Member
    ^^^YES INDEED!😋😋😋
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    oh my...did someone mention halvah?

    @mtaratoot - I'll take the 'left overs' that you don't want. I don't have a sweet tooth...I'm quite sure I have sweet teeth...all of them.

    There's a fish restaurant on the coast I really like to stop at when I'm over there, especially after a dive shift. One of these days those will start back up again. I often just get a small dish for a number of reasons. If it has fries, I always sub a salad. The chef turned me on to having my fish grilled on the flame grill rather than the flat grill. Sometimes I just get soup.

    If I get asked if I want dessert, if the answer is ever yes, that dessert is pan-fried oysters. The chef calls them "Scooby Snacks." Woof! No interest in the cakes or pies. A good pie can be the exception. At the Oregon Country Fair, there's a booth called Pattie's Pies. They are fresh-fruit pies. The crust is baked, but the fruit is not cooked. Oh. So. Good. I used to really go for a good eclair. Not a cheap one; a good one. I am hardly even interested in that.

    So; I'll trade you the cake of your choice for the fried oysters :smile:
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,048 Member Member Posts: 6,048 Member
    Dessert pizza looks amazing right now. Also craving boneless buffalo wings. lqqti32n1unf.jpeg
    iza2u2iaxbmh.jpeg
    7zd62hhjgzsy.jpeg
    vm4d2i6b9zvi.jpeg
    a1qc1zh8apro.jpeg
    r0cqk25bntg0.jpeg
    plnxxzyd2fbh.jpeg

    dibs on the second pic!
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 34,068 Member Member Posts: 34,068 Member
    Dessert pizza looks amazing right now. Also craving boneless buffalo wings. lqqti32n1unf.jpeg
    iza2u2iaxbmh.jpeg
    7zd62hhjgzsy.jpeg
    vm4d2i6b9zvi.jpeg
    a1qc1zh8apro.jpeg
    r0cqk25bntg0.jpeg
    plnxxzyd2fbh.jpeg

    Wowza .yes plz
  • thesame6thesame6 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    A new ice cream place opened up nearby. They have a peanut butter Nutella sundae. I had a bite. I'm pretty sure I could eat that for every meal if calories weren't a factor.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 6,743 Member Member Posts: 6,743 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    x3xhhimw36wf.jpg

    Now why can't I look at that and think 'wow, I'd rather have a salad?' :(
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,971 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    x3xhhimw36wf.jpg

    Now why can't I look at that and think 'wow, I'd rather have a salad?' :(

    I look at it and say I'd rather have a big bag of potato chips and a beer. If neither had calories and there was only room in my belly for one or the other. If the bag of chips is big enough, there would be no room for anything else.

    6pfxg5bcl936.png
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,048 Member Member Posts: 6,048 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    x3xhhimw36wf.jpg

    Now why can't I look at that and think 'wow, I'd rather have a salad?' :(

    You are not the only one, but also I would take a big bowl of delish veggies over most things posted here.

    Greek-Salad-with-Grilled-Chicken-foodiecrush.com-005.jpg

    speaking my language!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,423 Member Member Posts: 9,423 Member
    My cravings during the light of day are always healthy/yummy things...

    vpgry1kgwcv5.png

    and then things like this invades my mind around 8 pm...it's a cruel world people...

    ucdt7iizkrc6.png

Sign In or Register to comment.