If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I do hope this thread stays as intended: Light hearted and fun. It's the most pleasant thread of my bookmarks.

I think this cake looks light-hearted and fun. Don't you?

vcu23ssti84e.jpg
    just to get us back on track.

Ooooo I'll take a light-hearted slice of that (provided the slice is over 50% of the total mass of the cake. :tongue: )
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I'd like to have a stack of blueberry pancakes with warm blueberry syrup.

You forgot the picture.
    nnxbw3yvb5kq.jpg

Hmmmm I'll be making pancakes this weekend. Haven't made pancakes in far too long :tongue:

And I've got raspberries in the freezer that are dying to meet a nice fluffy pancake (non of that light or low carb wanna be stuff!)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    How neglectful of me to not include a picture. While this isn't on the menu for today, it is certainly something to add to the list of "must try"s.

cora-banana-split.jpg?sfvrsn=11715413_0

Only if there is ice cream hidden in there too.
  • MomOnAMission76
    MomOnAMission76 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ugh this thread is bad for willpower! I would have a big glass of italian red wine, a big juicy cheeseburger and fries (homemade, not fast food), finish off with some vanilla cake with vanilla icing.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    How neglectful of me to not include a picture. While this isn't on the menu for today, it is certainly something to add to the list of "must try"s.

cora-banana-split.jpg?sfvrsn=11715413_0

Only if there is ice cream hidden in there too.

I just assumed, cause otherwise, what would be the point?
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I don't have food triggers and I am committed to my healthy diet. I was just pointing out that some people do, and I would hope that you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone abandoning their diet. As far as triggers, I am sure you are familiar with people who cut themselves that get triggered by certain posts (in other forums), or those considering suicide.

I have typed and retyped this to be as tactful as humanly possible, but I can't leave it alone. Please don't take this as an attack on you, but it is something I feel needs to be addressed.
    I appreciate you being out for the feeling of others, and I totally understand the intent of providing a warning to something that may be considered emotionally disturbing to others. But, The intent of this thread is made pretty clear the first page in. If someone's relationship with food is so poor that it sends them into a binge episode by the mere sight of a food that they have deemed forbidden, that is something they will need to work out on their own. We even have people on this forum that can support them on that. If they are influenced by this thread to go out and eat some of this high calorie food, they are responsible for their own actions and decisions. Not us. As for self mutilation and suicide? I do not feel it was fair to go there. The fact it was even mentioned could serve as an emotional trigger for someone who just came here to view yummy food... That aside, if someone decides to take an action like that based on something they randomly stumbled across on an internet forum, that is of no ones fault, or responsibility. Other then obviously disturbing subjects, we have no way of knowing what might trigger a repressed memory or feeling for someone. And, unfortunately it is on that person to get help for their mental state, and to avoid things that may evoke bad feelings, memories, and even actions.

Now- back to the subject...

I agree with you to a point, but a food addiction is still an addiction. Would you consider showing multiple pictures of someone shooting up, to a heroin addict? How about showing videos of someone drinking multiple drinks to an alcoholic fighting for their sobriety. All I am saying is that is it healthy to dwell on what you might eat, if calories weren't a factor? Some people are emotional eaters and some got obese by eating the wrong foods to comfort themselves over something bad that happened in their life. They want to get healthy and are trying to fight that urge to eat things that won't bring them the results they are looking for. I realize that I am of a minority opinion on this, and I won't bring it up again.

I understand where you are coming from. But someone who has a true addiction be it food, drugs, alcohol or otherwise would know to stay clear away from things that may cause them a relapse. As for food? Unlike drugs, there are images and temptations of food everywhere we turn. I can't open Facebook without seeing a recipe, I can't turn on the TV without seeing an advertisement for food. I can't open the internet without stumbling across a recipe or a restaurant advertisement. Heck, I cant even go to the health food store and get where I'm going without having to walk past the all natural candy bar isle!
    This is something that some people may have to work to navigate through. I can see avoiding temptations while one gets their diet, and food habits in check. But they will need to learn a permanent & sustainable way to stay on track. Usually that involves learning to incorporate & moderate foods they love that may not be that good for them. For many, avoiding these kinds of foods outright just creates a binge episode when they finally get access to them. Or they only eat healthy foods in order to reach their goals, and gain it back as soon as they start to eat like they used to. For a lot of us, sharing our food cravings can be a way of getting out of our heads. I'm sure there could even be something similar in a addiction support forum about people talking about how much they want to use. It's better to get it out on an internet forum, then to let it consume you(general audience) all day. For some people, talking about it, and getting it out is more beneficial then avoidance. Personally, I feel that's the best route for anything really. I've been through some hard and traumatic times myself. I don't know where I would be today if I avoided the things that I found upsetting.

Maybe you could start a thread where we post our cravings and someone else responds with a healthier alternative? That could be good for the people who might have a hard time viewing a thread like this one! Then we could help them find a different solution (ex: zoodles instead of noodles) , or even work it into their day or week!