If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    nmway18ectv4.png
    now I want some of those cookies made by chef @snowflake954

Oh honey---I'm no chef, just a housewife. I like to cook and have to do it everyday for my crew. That makes a difference. If I lived alone, or just with my husband, I wouldn't do all this cooking. The recipe you're showing is interesting because when I was young and just out of college I worked as an Interior Designer. The store was in a mall and there was a shop called "Mrs. Fields Cookies". We used to go there and the cookies were divine.

Fast forward 30 yrs. I go home to Mom on the farm for her 90th birthday. I'm cleaning out kitchen cupboards and closets because she doesn't cook anymore and things are a mess. I'm tossing a mountain of old stuff and going through recipes. I find a copied paper that Mom had with a recipe for Mrs Fields cookies. The paper said " Mrs. _____, a woman who works with Jean's mother at the American Bar Association called Mrs Fields and asked for their recipe. She was told there was a two-fifty charge for the recipe. She assumed it was $2.50 and charged it to her VISA. It was not $2.50 but $250.00. In order to get her money's worth, she is passing the recipe out to everyone.

So, these cookies are worth $250. I find it hilarious. If there's interest, I'll give out the precious recipe. Ha ha.

"A shop called Mrs Fields Cookies". LOL.

Anyway, ummmmmm, that recipe is actually a hoax but, apparently they still taste good. 😀

And the recipe can be found online. :p
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    nmway18ectv4.png

Oh honey---I'm no chef, just a housewife. I like to cook and have to do it everyday for my crew. That makes a difference. If I lived alone, or just with my husband, I wouldn't do all this cooking. The recipe you're showing is interesting because when I was young and just out of college I worked as an Interior Designer. The store was in a mall and there was a shop called "Mrs. Fields Cookies". We used to go there and the cookies were divine.

Fast forward 30 yrs. I go home to Mom on the farm for her 90th birthday. I'm cleaning out kitchen cupboards and closets because she doesn't cook anymore and things are a mess. I'm tossing a mountain of old stuff and going through recipes. I find a copied paper that Mom had with a recipe for Mrs Fields cookies. The paper said " Mrs. _____, a woman who works with Jean's mother at the American Bar Association called Mrs Fields and asked for their recipe. She was told there was a two-fifty charge for the recipe. She assumed it was $2.50 and charged it to her VISA. It was not $2.50 but $250.00. In order to get her money's worth, she is passing the recipe out to everyone.

So, these cookies are worth $250. I find it hilarious. If there's interest, I'll give out the precious recipe. Ha ha.

Anyway, ummmmmm, that recipe is actually a hoax but, apparently they still taste good. 😀

Yup--the taste is authentic. I will check out the online recipe and see if it's the same. Thanks for the info.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Looked up the Mrs Fields recipes---oh my, there are lots. A quick run-through. My foto-copy recipe has oatmeal in it, and several do not. I like oatmeal in a cookie and will keep it. That seems to be the main difference between them. I always change things up depending on what I've got on hand. As a basic recipe it's very good though.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Looked up the Mrs Fields recipes---oh my, there are lots. A quick run-through. My foto-copy recipe has oatmeal in it, and several do not. I like oatmeal in a cookie and will keep it. That seems to be the main difference between them. I always change things up depending on what I've got on hand. As a basic recipe it's very good though.

Enjoyed your story Snowflake. :) Thank you for sharing.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Baked pasta.vtuxkvfh1h4i.jpg
    yxh3sv26h93m.jpg
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    nmway18ectv4.png

My mom has the Mrs Fields cookbook, and we use recipes from there all the time. Not sure about the 250.00 story when they publish recipes in $10 cookbooks.
    mgxb31vipraa.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Options
    nmway18ectv4.png

My mom has the Mrs Fields cookbook, and we use recipes from there all the time. Not sure about the 250.00 story when they publish recipes in $10 cookbooks.
    mgxb31vipraa.jpeg

Depends on when the cookbook was published. My Mom's fotocopy was really old........
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, with a huge glass of ice cold milk.

vuwm8uqjmuwl.jpg
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    nmway18ectv4.png

mgxb31vipraa.jpeg

Depends on when the cookbook was published. My Mom's fotocopy was really old........

I had to look it up...the cookbook was published in 1992. I highly recommend it, by the way. Everything we have ever made out of there is very tasty and relatively easy.

Here's what I found about that recipe story and Mrs. Field's response:

In the late 1980s a recipe circulated through the mail that claimed to contain the secret recipe for Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies along with a story that it was purchased from one of the cookie stores for $250. However it was a fake and the story that accompanied it was adapted from an urban legend attached to recipes for cookies from Neiman Marcus and Waldorf-Astoria for red velvet cake.

In response to the chain letter, a sign attributed to Debbi was posted in Mrs. Fields stores:

Mrs. Fields recipe has never been sold. There is a rumor circulating that the recipe was sold to a woman at a cost of $250. A chocolate-chip cookie recipe was attached to the story. I would like to tell all my customers that this story is not true, this is not my recipe and I have not sold the recipe to anyone.

I'm not fighting with you about it, Snowflake, I just think it's an interesting story, and by no means diminishes the recipe on your Mom's copy.
  • glassyo
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Remember the Friends episode when Phoebe's grandmother's secret chocolate chip cookie recipe turned out to be Tollhouse? 😀
  • snowflake954
    Options
    nmway18ectv4.png

mgxb31vipraa.jpeg

I had to look it up...the cookbook was published in 1992. I highly recommend it, by the way. Everything we have ever made out of there is very tasty and relatively easy.

Here's what I found about that recipe story and Mrs. Field's response:

In the late 1980s a recipe circulated through the mail that claimed to contain the secret recipe for Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies along with a story that it was purchased from one of the cookie stores for $250. However it was a fake and the story that accompanied it was adapted from an urban legend attached to recipes for cookies from Neiman Marcus and Waldorf-Astoria for red velvet cake.

In response to the chain letter, a sign attributed to Debbi was posted in Mrs. Fields stores:

Mrs. Fields recipe has never been sold. There is a rumor circulating that the recipe was sold to a woman at a cost of $250. A chocolate-chip cookie recipe was attached to the story. I would like to tell all my customers that this story is not true, this is not my recipe and I have not sold the recipe to anyone.

I'm not fighting with you about it, Snowflake, I just think it's an interesting story, and by no means diminishes the recipe on your Mom's copy.

No, no, I'm not in a tizzy over this. I just think it's interesting. I loved Mrs. Fields cookies, but forgot all about them when I moved out of the country. When I found the recipe it was fun and opened a door to the past. Now all the other info coming out is also fun and I'm just curious about it all, and when it happened. The cookbook looks good and I will buy it when I'm back in the States. I love to make cookies and hers were the best. Thanks for letting me know.
  • glassyo
    Options
    This whole discussion is making me miss those fresh baked Mrs Fields mini chocolate chip cookies from her small stores. A dozen at a time...no calories because what did I know about calories back then? 😀
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    This whole discussion is making me miss those fresh baked Mrs Fields mini chocolate chip cookies from her small stores. A dozen at a time...no calories because what did I know about calories back then? 😀

I haven't been to the mall in over a year, but there was a Mrs. Fields and auntie annes right next to each other and I always drooled while walking by. Mrs. Fields also gave free giant cookies out sometimes. So hard to resist a FREE freshly baked, warm, melty chocolate chip cookie.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    yxh3sv26h93m.jpg

This goes in Flavors of Childhood for me!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    yxh3sv26h93m.jpg

This goes in Flavors of Childhood for me!!!

I just had bunch of steamed cauliflower and sautéed zucchini topped with marinara sauce and grated parm with garlic and onion powder. Satisfied my craving for pasta/lasagne and only 150 calories for a huge bowl.... But now I am wanting the rest of these sitting in my panty 😂ox68eclyj9y8.jpeg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cinnabons

or a brownie sundae
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    nmway18ectv4.png

You've made some pretty yummy looking things...so I still consider you 'Chef'!
    That cookie recipe story is great! They do look 'worth' it:))
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

vuwm8uqjmuwl.jpg

*ding ding* dessert is up @lx1x

I'll have mine with a cuppa 🤤
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options

vuwm8uqjmuwl.jpg

How did I miss that.. 🤤😂
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

vuwm8uqjmuwl.jpg

this is how I like my carrot cake

f90smz63wv4r.png