If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    gyhqa0hsdroi.png

You know what I don’t like about this? If you don’t eat it piping hot, the stuffed cheese gets gross. Same problem I have with mozzarella sticks.
    As a kid I always loved when the cheese got all hard and congealed in the stuffed crust 😅. Haven’t had stuffed crust pizza since I got it from Pizza Hut as a kid.

rcjbbxpo25u2.jpeg
    Pistachio sticky bun
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    gyhqa0hsdroi.png

You know what I don’t like about this? If you don’t eat it piping hot, the stuffed cheese gets gross. Same problem I have with mozzarella sticks.
    As a kid I always loved when the cheese got all hard and congealed in the stuffed crust 😅. Haven’t had stuffed crust pizza since I got it from Pizza Hut as a kid.

🤮

😆
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I want a Ritter’s Peanut-butter Cup Glacier! Sugar is my kryptonite!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    I want a Ritter’s Peanut-butter Cup Glacier! Sugar is my kryptonite!

I do not know what this is...but it sounds dangerous!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Noreenmarie

I had to laugh at the sticky bun because I just made my not-so-damn-sweet cinnamon "rolls." It's half the dough from a whole wheat buttermilk sourdough batch, patted out into rectangles (this time six instead of nine), rubbed with softened butter, then sprinkled with a mixture of organic brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, then rolled up into little mini-loaves to rise one last time and bake. I am looking forward to eating one when I'm done with my Lingcod.

If they didn't have calories, I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to store them because they'd all be gone before bedtime. I did already give some to neighbors, and I actually expect friends to stop by for some on their way home.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    54npj6m1a36j.png

Square tacos?

gyhqa0hsdroi.png

Tacos!

09mbgk8l115c.jpeg

Taco salad!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    54npj6m1a36j.png

Square tacos?

gyhqa0hsdroi.png

Tacos!

09mbgk8l115c.jpeg

Taco salad!

One track mind you got going, @mtaratoot.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    54npj6m1a36j.png

Square tacos?
    rm89tdmncr14.png

gyhqa0hsdroi.png

Tacos!

09mbgk8l115c.jpeg

Taco salad!

One track mind you got going, @mtaratoot.

Several tracks, but one is devoted to tacos.....

bgtvxyrtnnue.png

58yu3u8yo1qd.png

sq06kk6hd1uc.png

I can go for nachos, too....

3ulwmnz5w7ck.png

Sushi, too, but people tend to disagree with that.

• mtaratoot
    Options
    Maybe a late breakfast.

Shrimp and grits?

4oc64ywbihc6.png

Or some eggs?

lkqb72d57l7c.png

nzxbdj148wcz.png

Or something more "traditional?"

60unkw6wk2yv.png

2gzbc3bua1b0.png

6c0qbrqezpxi.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    qerxv5pvw7lg.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot
    Some days I wish I was a neighbor of yours; you're always giving them yummy looking foods!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie

I had to laugh at the sticky bun because I just made my not-so-damn-sweet cinnamon "rolls." It's half the dough from a whole wheat buttermilk sourdough batch, patted out into rectangles (this time six instead of nine), rubbed with softened butter, then sprinkled with a mixture of organic brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, then rolled up into little mini-loaves to rise one last time and bake. I am looking forward to eating one when I'm done with my Lingcod.

If they didn't have calories, I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to store them because they'd all be gone before bedtime. I did already give some to neighbors, and I actually expect friends to stop by for some on their way home.

I am eternally jealous of these neighbors of yours that are always getting all this yummy food :D .
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    The whole tin of halva, instead of the single after-dinner teaspoon 6xqcuuaxscnd.jpg
    m0ysyl14mq9g.jpg
    4b37b535tcck.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    ^^^om....YES! I'm so depressed now 🤣
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    fwr6siumo0gk.jpeg
    FAIR FOOD!!! 🤤🤤🤤
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @mtaratoot
    Some days I wish I was a neighbor of yours; you're always giving them yummy looking foods!
    @Noreenmarie

I am eternally jealous of these neighbors of yours that are always getting all this yummy food :D .

Please come by so I can feed you. I love to cook and experiment with food, but it's hard to just cook for one. Thanksgiving was fun because I could play around with different things and not worry that someone else would have to eat them if they didn't turn out.

Some of the things I cook don't even have that many calories. Those little rolls don't have that many more calories than my "normal" rolls which is about like two pieces of whole wheat bread. I've finally dialed in (mostly) a marinade for lemon-grilled tempeh, and I have a few slices of that in the fridge I need to get around to eating. Because of the oil, they are about 120 calories each if I recall. Too easy to overindulge. The sauerkrout is pretty low calorie, but higher in sodium. My neighbor commented she really like it as it was LESS salty than what they usually make, but still nicely sour and still crisp. Next project is kimchi. I really want to go get more of that Lingcod; it was delicious. Next time I will bake it en papillote. But first I need to eat what I've already got cooked.

Please come help.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!

h3ow6nkj59kh.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    It's Friday!

h3ow6nkj59kh.jpg