So how bad is it really to eat below 1200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    Yeah, I suck at math but I've lost about 30lbs since the beginning of April. SW: 205, CW: 171 (today). I've used Happy Scale since the end of April, and it's given me that average rate of loss at 0.85lb/week. My "current" rate of loss is right now 1.7 because I go up and then drop and idk. I don't really know why they're different?

They are different because weight loss isn't linear.
  • bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you are morbidly obese, it is fine, but smaller sizes should lose weight slower and eat more.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    bjess8411 wrote: »
    If you are morbidly obese, it is fine, but smaller sizes should lose weight slower and eat more.

Obese yes, morbidly no. I started in class 2 obesity and I think I’m in class 1 now.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Looking at your charts it appears you are eating less during the week to eat a bit more on the weekend for the most part but still staying close to your calorie goals over the week. There are many who look at calories over a week instead of a day. They eat 100-200 calories less from Monday to Friday so they have extra for the weekend when they are more likely to go out for a meal etc. If this is naturally how you prefer to eat there is nothing wrong with it.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Looking at your charts it appears you are eating less during the week to eat a bit more on the weekend for the most part but still staying close to your calorie goals over the week. There are many who look at calories over a week instead of a day. They eat 100-200 calories less from Monday to Friday so they have extra for the weekend when they are more likely to go out for a meal etc. If this is naturally how you prefer to eat there is nothing wrong with it.

Thank you! It’s working for me atm.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Do what you want to do, don't worry about what other people say.

This. I used to do Weight Watchers and know for a fact they were allowing me somewhere between 1000-1100 per day because I used them along with this site for about three months. I always came up right around 1200 on here but on their site my points would add up to more so I'd have to cut back on calories to make it lower on Weight Watchers points and then end up around 1000-1100 per day according to this site. That lasted 3 months and I switched to MFP and stuck with it. I do lose a lot slower on MFP because I can obviously eat less than 1200 cals per day and I lost faster when I did. It certainly won't hurt you and if you aren't hungry then you don't eat. It all evens out.