What's your why?

Your health? Your family? Want to impress that cute guy at work? To inspire jealousy at the reunion?

I feel strongly that there's no such thing as a 'bad' reason. If it motivates ya, then it's a great reason! So let's hear 'em!

Mine's so I can move furniture around and up & down stairs on my own while my husband's gone :p

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    My kids/family, to be happily active, to be the mom that runs in races, to look good!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    I'm so proud of you all! These are great reasons and I am very very happy that MFP and its community is here for you!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    My biggest why is to be fit and healthy so I can live a long life and not have health issues. I also want to do it for my awesome husband who has supported my weight loss for way more years than it should have taken to get it off. This time it's coming off and I've been promised the wardrobe of my dreams. <3:)
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    I was promoted to a (mostly) desk job 2 years ago. It ended up being a huge stressor and I gained about 15-20 lbs of weight. I was unhappy in many ways. I got a wake up call when an old client took notice of my weight gain. I realized how much the stress really affected me (especially physically). I quit that job in April of this year and soon after began working on my health. I am much happier now and it's starting to show on my body :)