What's your why?

Options
13»

Replies

• nicole_nelly
    nicole_nelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d really like to fit my closet FULL of “motivation clothes” I have purchased over the years. Not to mention, make my husband proud of me (He has seen me try and fail SO MANY DIETS) I am going to be 37 this month and I want to ring in my 40s in the best shape of my life! 3 years to make it happen.
  • linda2017th
    linda2017th Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Health. No more knee pain and blood pressure is normal again. No more chub-rub!!! It is the best feeling ever to wear shorts or mini skirts in summer without worrying about 'sweaty thigh syndrome'. I missed that. Bikinis. Running up stairs without dying. Did i mention mini skirts? (hehe). Feeling like myself again after a few too many stressful years.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have a few health problems related to excess fat on my body. I really need to get rid of them. Also I'm at an age when things start to go wrong with bodies, I want to exclude weight related problems from the mix.
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These are all beautiful reasons, and I am proud of all of you for recognizing and sharing!!

I recently realized that I want to be the 'hot sister' :tongue: But more seriously, this past week I was with my family and I got a glimpse of what my future could be if I don't continue on my path. NO THANK YOU!!
  • ladyethorne1
    ladyethorne1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To control my diabetes with diet instead of drugs and it's working! To slow the progression of my autoimmune disease and keep my fibromyalgia from dragging me down. But admittedly, also I want to feel better about my body which is short and stocky as a good Cajun/Irish girl should be. This journey is completely and thoroughly all about me. I want to go shopping for clothes that look good while feeling healthy so I can live the life I want to live.
  • randielizabethwatts
    Options
    I want to have an active life and I want to take pictures and treasure those memories rather than obsessing over the way I look. I want to wear a bikini to the beach and feel good about it!
  • sarahjanes25
    sarahjanes25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m getting married!!

I’ve been fat all my life and I absolutely refuse to be a wide bride!
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My reason why is b/c I see no reason to continue a unhealthy lifestyle and feel bad about myself constantly because of it. I hate seeing other people treat their bodies like crap and then wonder why they feel like crap.

My original "Why" was because this celebrity I used to have a crush on when I was like 17 said his "type" are girls that are healthy and in shape and it really upset me b/c I was none of that so I decided to make a change lol
  • jerzydevil007
    jerzydevil007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Mummy Ride at Universal...too fat to fit. I.will.be.on.that.ride. Even if I have to eat lettuce and hummus for the rest of my days! Oh yeah, and to be here longer and have less stress :-)
  • Healthy_Libby
    Healthy_Libby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok. Simply put, this body of mine is my home, its all Ive got, forever. Its my biggest investment of time, energy, love, care... and I feel like its never had a chance to be really taken care of. Ive put other people first, ive put jobs first, and now at 30... I come first. Yes its about weight and health, but more than that its a conscious decision to live differently. To meet different people. To give myself the best shot at the rest of my life. To make good choices and really take centre stage in my own life. Its my promise to myself, that I will (finally!) start taking the best possible care of me. :) Simples.
  • samoshka
    samoshka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Because I want to do splits at 35, I want to do handstand press by 38, and learn alpinism at 45 and kite-surfing at 60!.. I want to be able to do all these things when I'm 80, and bike/hike when I'm 100 (who knows, maybe h/s press as well;). All of that is way easier when you are on the lighter side.
    I like how my eyes look bigger when I lose a bit of weight.
    I want to be a role-model and educator for my kids.
    I want to enjoy life! I like feeling strong!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My "why" changes as I journey on. At first, I wanted to get the fat off around my mid section for good health. Now that I've dropped that weight, my focus or "why" is changing to strength. I still want to lose a few more pounds..but I notice I'm weak..and I want to be strong. So, that's my new thing. I also are super hooked on nutrition. I find myself googling the healthy benefits of what I eat.
    So.. I think motivation and goals for me will keep evolving..and I like that. I think if it was just to look good at a reunion... then what after it is over? regain? nope ..,not for me.
  • irisstarrfitness
    Options
    My surgeon advised me to lose some weight before hitting the table, not only because it would make the surgery safer but I'd also get a better looking result. So, have lost 10 pounds since mid-July on the Keto diet (and it was pretty easy). Now that I've reached my goal weight for that surgery (on Sept. 11, send good thoughts!), I'll need to set another goal.