Losing weight for fertility reasons

Options
Nataliieexo
Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone else here had to lose weight for fertility reasons.
I suffer from secondary infertility, I don’t ovulate on my own and have very erratic cycles. I’ve seen the fertility clinic and they can’t find any reason for not ovulating, although I do have symptoms of pcos my bloods and scans don’t show anything wrong. All the fertility clinic can do is offer me clomid to help me ovulate but my bmi has to be 30 and which is 12stone for me and I am currently 15 stone. And they are pretty convinced I don’t ovulate due to my weight. I do already have a 4 year old and have been trying pretty much since we had him for a second but nothing happened.

I struggle so much with dieting, I’ve tried lots of diets I tend to get to 10lb loss then it ends up back on. My preferred way to diet is calorie counting I feel like that’s just what works for me.
This time I am down 12lbs from 15.12 but it has taken me since April to achieve but I am still motivated.
I’m just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat or has any success stories.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    There's a separate forum called success stories. You might look there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yours IS a success story! Eating less, without eating too little, for months, is what makes you lose weight. Not many have the patience to keep doing that.

If you're losing more slowly than expected - and your loss is a bit slower than the optimal rate for your current weight - look at two things: your calorie target, and your logging practice. What is your calorie goal? Do you use a food scale, do you pick genuine database entries, do you log everything, do you use the recipe builder correctly?
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m in exactly the same boat!!!!

I’m losing weight for fertility reasons too. Been trying for 4yrs, 1 m/c. Have PCOS, also have too much oestrogen and not enough progesterone. Am taking meds for the progesterone and losing weight to try and regulate both of those hormones.

I’ve had one fertility clinic appt, had already lost a good amount of weight by then. Dr wanted to give me a few more months to lose some more before starting me on fertility drugs. Have lost 25kg (about 55lbs) now, and still going!

Very motivated, as I want another baby sooooo bad.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I took clomid to have my first child after 3 and a half years trying.
    After I was told I couldn't have more children
    I gained a humongous amount of weight (I was 27st 6lb) and I decided to lose weight for my own health
    9 years after having my daughter and a 10 stone loss I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and another stone and a bit I fell pregnant with my son

I do have PCOS but it was my weight preventing me from falling pregnant, didn't use clomid for the second failed pregnancy, it was a complete suprise after years of not bothering with contraception
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You should check out the group on here called Planning for Pregnancy. It has a lot of really supportive women who are dealing with various issues.
  • theta_fitness
    theta_fitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in exactly the same boat!!!!

I’m losing weight for fertility reasons too. Been trying for 4yrs, 1 m/c. Have PCOS, also have too much oestrogen and not enough progesterone. Am taking meds for the progesterone and losing weight to try and regulate both of those hormones.

I’ve had one fertility clinic appt, had already lost a good amount of weight by then. Dr wanted to give me a few more months to lose some more before starting me on fertility drugs. Have lost 25kg (about 55lbs) now, and still going!

Very motivated, as I want another baby sooooo bad.

Amazing work!!! I'm at 4 years with 3 m/c.... now working on knocking off 24 kgs as i know my fertility clinic doctor will tell me the same!!! Any tips??