Skinny fat

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There's a member here who recently posted pictures of herself at around 130 lbs and then again at 150 lbs but much more muscle definition. She look amazing when she was 20 lbs heavier.

Does anyone here remember who that was or maybe post that thread? I think this visual might help OP see how she could look and that it's not at all just about the number on the scale.

Are you thinking of Staci from the link i posted?
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    I would say your scales are wrong, you aren't 14% bf because (no offense intended :smile: ) if you were you'd look like a female body builder, and you don't.

I'd say work on trying to gain some muscle, perhaps that might help you achieve the look you're wanting to achieve.

Body fat doesn't exactly tell you much about composition. Example:

wgexmvm0ly7s.jpg

True.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I REALLY suggest recomp. (Bulk/cut cycles)

There was a poster in here who posted I think her recomp success in the fitness forum and it was SO incredible, but I couldn't find it. Anyone know who I am talking about? She is a regular poster I see around, but can't remember who. She posted a thread showing her bulk and cut cycles and end product was absolutely incredible and so fit and lean. I think that is what you need. Losing more weight isn't going to help when you are already underweight.

Here is an example I could find since I cant find the thread on here.

1fehgox3kdgd.png
    xodghq1i4hti.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Edit: I found it. It just shows how much your body comp and aesthetic can change with a bulk/cut cycle. Since you are underweight, you should consider bulking to a healthy weight incorporating a good strength training program. I honestly think you will have a better body aesthetic at a higher weight with a gain in muscle mass and thus more muscle definition.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10684001/pics-of-bulks-cuts-from-start-to-now-because-my-four-year-mfp-anniversary-is-today/p1
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I would say your scales are wrong, you aren't 14% bf because (no offense intended :smile: ) if you were you'd look like a female body builder, and you don't.

I'd say work on trying to gain some muscle, perhaps that might help you achieve the look you're wanting to achieve.

Considering that she's significantly underweight, 14% BF is not out of the realm of possibility. She just doesn't have the muscles to go with it.

I must have a warped view because when I look at that photo of her I don't see her being significantly underweight. I can't see her ribs, her arms and legs look like a normal size and she has some ab muscle. I understand that by numbers she is "underweight" but in that photo, I think she just looks slim but not unhealthy or underweight.

Obviously, there is zero need for her to lose weight. I can see that, but I just wouldn't call her "significantly underweight".

Perhaps maybe I have issues with perception too... hmmmm...

What Kim said. By the numbers, she's significantly underweight.

If you want to claim that someone with a BMI of 17.2 isn't underweight, you've got issues that are best left to a professional.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This is a very low BMI, not healthy