Does fruit really count?!

Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well, I am eating "fruit til noon" in my weight loss plan. Definitely the calories count, but from the research I have done, eating frequent portions of a food like fruit puts your metabolism into fat burning mode rather than fat storing mode.
    *sigh*
  • mirandaeaston
    Options
    Fruit counts but you may be over eating fruit due to blood sugar spikes try adding a good protien with you fruit snack. I love fruit so I try to limit to two time a day with other food never alone. Try more vegies. Hope it helps :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well, I am eating "fruit til noon" in my weight loss plan. Definitely the calories count, but from the research I have done, eating frequent portions of a food like fruit puts your metabolism into fat burning mode rather than fat storing mode.
    *sigh*

*head desk*
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They count! Good for you for choosing healthy calories, though. =) But I'd agree with the people suggesting you add some protein and fat in there. Eat some blueberries and an egg, or some nuts. You'll probably find yourself needing to snack less since fruit doesn't always make you feel that full.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you cant just ignore 500 cals a day..log them..if it was like a strawberry here and there, it may not be such a big deal, but 500 cals are 500 cals..good luck
  • sarashmor
    sarashmor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everybody's input.
    I guess I wasn't very clear in my post. The fruit never puts me over my calories, I eat low cal breakfast and lunch and take a low cal dinner and snacks when I work nights. I guess it's working because I'm down 14 pounds in a month.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a fat fruititarian.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a fat fruititarian.
    Ha! Me neither!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yes just overlook them. Fruit has healthy sugars so it equals 0 calories.

.....No, count them.

LULZ

yeah that's about what I was going to say.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    500 calories is 500 calories. If you'd count a cheese burger or a slice of pizza for that amount you should still be counting fruit and veggies.