There are cookies at work

There are cookies at work...like nothing special about them regular old grocery store bakery cookies. In fact I ate two of them earlier this afternoon. It's not the end of the world. But for some reason I really want to eat more. I'll regret it as soon as I do it. So I logged on to my fitness pal instead. Now I'm posting this. I've turned down more cookies than I can count in that last 5 years. It's always worth it. Just reminding myself. Carry On.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    Good for you for finding ways to distract yourself and 1) realizing plain, store-bought cookies aren't worth the calories and 2) not beating yourself up for having a couple. Sounds like you're on the right track!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Cookies, doughnuts and other office grazing items should be illegal. :smiley:
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    There is literally ALWAYS food in my breakroom. I think in the span of a month, we had several going away parties, a bridal shower, and a baby shower, not to mention, someone always brings treats for meetings, of which we had three. *shaking head* it's so irritating to have to go find somewhere else to eat because I know I can't control myself around all that sugar.
  • fr00tloop
    fr00tloop Posts: 4 Member
    I feel your pain.
    We have a snacks cabinet at work, that is conveniently next to my desk and on the way to the printer. Biscuits (plain and cream filled and chocolate coated), chips, muesli bars and lollies. I often get back to my desk with half a biscuit in my hand without even realising I've already eaten half of it.
    I can honestly say it's the main reason I've gained so much weight!
  • AndyWR72
    AndyWR72 Posts: 35 Member
    There are always sugar laden snacks at my work. It's going to be hard to resist.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Same here, people keep bringing treats to work and it's literally under my nose all day... Good for you for not taking more so you don't regret it!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    Before I got transferred to another department, I worked in an area that used any excuse to have cakes and other sweets in the office. Birthday, birthday of offspring, promotion, completion of a project, going on holiday, returning from holiday, returning from maternity leave, 2 year anniversary in the department, a sunny day in London, even resignations. I get birthday cake. Resignation cake?
  • maingirl99
    maingirl99 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    acpgee wrote: »
    Before I got transferred to another department, I worked in an area that used any excuse to have cakes and other sweets in the office. Birthday, birthday of offspring, promotion, completion of a project, going on holiday, returning from holiday, returning from maternity leave, 2 year anniversary in the department, a sunny day in London, even resignations. I get birthday cake. Resignation cake?

@acpgee OMG! Tell me about it...
    I think I've put on over 7lbs eating snacks from within the office ☹️
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    OP, I bow to your will power. Office snacks are like heroin, you give them a try and before you know it you are living in a box over a subway grate (perhaps I exagerate ;-). Best to avoid them all the time, the longer your resistance streak the easier it is to resist.
  • laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Good work! It's so hard to say no to office treats! My office brings in paczkis every year and I always regret them the minute I finish eating one but year after year I keep getting them.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

This is where I currently work. When I started by current job 9 months ago, I put on 10 pounds. All team leads/managers are supplied candy to keep at their desks. Several retirement/anniversary cakes, lunch has been catered at least 5 times for the whole company since I have been here, plus we are supposed to bring treats on our birthday (I made brownie cheesecake protein bars, very yummy and only 140 cal/bar with 8g protein). I have since adjusted and learned to portion control and work the treats into my calories for the day, but some days are harder than others.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    As soon as I resolved to stop eating food that wasn't worth the calories in it, I lost my appetite for office goodies. Now I resent the calories spent on a small slice of grocery store bakery cake for birthdays that I take out of obligation because I know I could be having something much tastier :tongue:
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    These mother fn frs at my work bring in donuts at least once week, cater once a week, and seems like there is some *kitten* with a birthday once a week as well and there are only about 20 people in the whole building!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain.

Luckily, my lack of desire to increase my workouts to increase my caloric allotment precludes me from ever having to really struggle with the decision not to indulge.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    They truly are not that good :s
    Now if it is a white cake with white buttercream frosting....I cannot help you :#
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    My boss is out buying doughnuts to celebrate successful completion of a project.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    We've got the bubonic plague going through our office at the moment ... usual winter flu.

Knowing that ... I really don't want to touch and eat stuff that others may have pawed through.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I had a little old lady client who brought me in baklava she had just made and rushed to my office so I would have it while it was still warm out of the oven. One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten and had no clue how to log it so I just quick added 1000 calories and that may have been low.

So my standard for office treats is now "will it be as good as the baklava was and, therefore, worth the calories?" If not, I don't eat it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I had a little old lady client who brought me in baklava she had just made and rushed to my office so I would have it while it was still warm out of the oven. One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten and had no clue how to log it so I just quick added 1000 calories and that may have been low.

So my standard for office treats is now "will it be as good as the baklava was and, therefore, worth the calories?" If not, I don't eat it.

:heart: Dang, all I get are angry phone calls from *kittened* off vendors or customers! I want baklava :lol: