There are cookies at work

2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I had a little old lady client who brought me in baklava she had just made and rushed to my office so I would have it while it was still warm out of the oven. One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten and had no clue how to log it so I just quick added 1000 calories and that may have been low.

So my standard for office treats is now "will it be as good as the baklava was and, therefore, worth the calories?" If not, I don't eat it.

:heart: Dang, all I get are angry phone calls from *kittened* off vendors or customers! I want baklava :lol:

Me, too! Warm-out-of-the-oven baklava, at that. I would eat that with zero shame.

58dg8u423qw4.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    I had a little old lady client who brought me in baklava she had just made and rushed to my office so I would have it while it was still warm out of the oven. One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten and had no clue how to log it so I just quick added 1000 calories and that may have been low.

So my standard for office treats is now "will it be as good as the baklava was and, therefore, worth the calories?" If not, I don't eat it.

This sounds like perfect criteria to me.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

:heart: Dang, all I get are angry phone calls from *kittened* off vendors or customers! I want baklava :lol:

Me, too! Warm-out-of-the-oven baklava, at that. I would eat that with zero shame.

58dg8u423qw4.jpeg

Yeah, it was pretty amazing and she stood there beaming so it was totally worth the calories.

But it did ruin me for regular run-of-the-mill office treats.
  • quiksylver296
    edited August 2018

58dg8u423qw4.jpeg

Yeah, it was pretty amazing and she stood there beaming so it was totally worth the calories.

But it did ruin me for regular run-of-the-mill office treats.

I am totally on board with not wasting the delicious points (calories) on sub-par food.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    Yep, I ate two of those work cookies today too. Oh well. Life is too short. Logged it and i'll move on.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Sometimes we get the cookies & doughnuts. But more times than not it's the home smoked salmon (& spreads), crackers, cheese, & home pickled items (pickles, asparagus, etc). Not big into pickled foods, but I have a soft spot for cheese. So the cheese & crackers (w/ smoked fish) can get me in trouble if I'm not careful. Fortunately it's on the other end of the office so I don't have to smell it tempting me.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    There was leftover catering in the break room the other day. It was pretty picked over, but there were two small bbq chicken wings left. I was under on my calories, so I figured it would be a nice treat.

Sadly, they weren't chicken wings. It was a shriveled up roasted plaintain that actually *did* look like a bbq chicken wing. I wasn't going to consume extra calories for something I really didn't like, so I politely spit it out and tossed it!
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    I work for a nonprofit that has a lot of volunteers coming in every day. There are ALWAYS cookies, brownie bites, baked goods someone brought in, and takeout (usually pizza). It's like that because the volunteers are usually working over a mealtime. And there are only a few paid employees so eating with the volunteers is the norm.

When I started working there I gained like ten pounds because I wasn't watching my intake at that point and it's so easy to eat just one more of those Kroger mini chocolate chip cookies every time I passed the break room. At least I do the takeout ordering now so I can make sure there's something that won't blow my whole day. Office snacks are a scourge and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the source of at least 30% of excess calories in the average American's diet.
  • quiksylver296
    Our office treats today were plums from someone's tree! SCORE!!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Unless they are homemade treats or what I would consider a favorite, I don’t even bother with it. If it is something I truly want, I will try to find someone to split it or tell myself I can go back in an hour to scope it out. Secretly, I hope all the good stuff is gone before I get there
  • AndyWR72
    AndyWR72 Posts: 35 Member
    Someone just bought in Chocolate Brownies, they are right behind me. - Send Help..........
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    I don’t miss the office snack table since I started working from home.