Worst injury

Options
shaf238
shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
I've never had a serious injury - no broken bones or twisted ligaments - in my life. Ever.

A few consecutive sprained ankles (don't laugh!!) is about as bad as it's got for me.

What's been your worst injury?

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Broken nose while working as a youth counselor at a Children's residential center. Got punched in the face by a child who didn't want to participate in group. There was blood everywhere. And I had to drive myself to the hospital since we were short staffed.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Probably either the compression fractures to L4 and L5 (over time this has caused the most trouble) or the time I got my head tore open in a car crash and needed over 100 stitches to close it.

Although the time I broke three ribs in a different car accident was quite excruciating.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Oh boy....no life threatening things but:
    Broke nose twice
    Broke hand
    Fractured orbital bone
    300 total stitches over years of various cuts
    2 teeth knocked out, 1 was cracked and had to be pulled
    Multiple concussions. This is the only one that ever really concerned me.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Broke both my wrists, one of them twice, the other just a fracture and a sprain with a hematoma (think wrist with a ball the size of a peach on top. I was in highschool, it did save me from snow fights that year).

Broke a leg, sprained the other. There is nothing more evil than sole itches when you have a cast.

Got my head bashed open, but nothing too serious. Thankfully, no ribs broken... Those are *kitten*
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    @just_ash I know you have an amazing story to tell on injuries.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I was turned into a newt once. I got better.
  • ToxicRain1098
    ToxicRain1098 Posts: 176 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    In the back of my yard we had tons of trees . I wanted to cut them down . So I marked them with spray paint so the tree cutters would know what trees to cut . I ended up slipping on a wet tree bark and fell landing on my arm .
    I was seeing stars . I ended up breaking my arm .
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've never had any broken bones. I did get pushed down in a game of tag at the park when I was a young kid. I fell face first into a metal pole and got a goose egg bruise on my forehead that you can still see to this day when I raise my eyebrows though when it was healing it looked more like a doughnut. I got horrible headaches a few hours later and even threw up from it.
    Other than that my fingernails have gotten peeled back a few times and Omg.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I had a wicked Charlie horse this morning while stretching in bed.
  • SwannySez
    edited August 2018
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

looney.gif?1396635782
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sprained my shoulder when my weight unexpectedly dropped onto it.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Some of these injuries are making me cringe... :#
  • SwannySez
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I had a wicked Charlie horse this morning while stretching in bed.

giphy.gif
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    I've never had a serious injury - no broken bones or twisted ligaments - in my life. Ever.

A few consecutive sprained ankles (don't laugh!!) is about as bad as it's got for me.

What's been your worst injury?

Nothing broken or horrible thankfully. I had Achilles tendonitis once and it took 6 months to fully heal. I had bad sciatica a few years ago that went away with a few physical therapy sessions.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

looney.gif?1396635782

Oh come on now there was a better gif to follow.

07daf63793227c1b9c83a744e08ca076.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Nothing overly serious for me, luckily. I have had my nose broken by a horse, broken many toes by stubbing them and messed up a shoulder a few years back that still gives me issues from using weight machines, will not use those again. Free weights only now.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Aside from back spasms I've been lucky and haven't had any physical injuries. Now my heart has been severely shattered but those are just emotional injuries and don't suppose they count.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Nothing broken, but I've had 3 instances of major inconveniences. First was a bad sprain of my ankle (1995ish), doc said I would've been better off if I had broken it. I stood up while half asleep and rolled my ankle. It went all the way over until the ball of my ankle touched the floor. Ankle swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. :open_mouth: I was in an air-cast full time for 3 months, then part-time as needed for another 3 months.

Next round was in '02 when I had a big spill on the road bike. I was in a standing sprint up a shallow hill doing about 30-35mph (had just come down another hill, trying to keep momentum up) when my right cleat broke on an upstroke. Knee hit the handlebars and over the bars I went, coming down on my right shoulder & head. Slid off the road on my shoulder, then started tumbling once I hit the soft shoulder. Somewhere in the wreck my right shoulder dislocated, then got popped back in during the tumble. I was off the bike for the rest of the year. After it eventually healed it had been perfectly normal until recently, where now if I keep my arm in certain positions for too long my shoulder becomes a little aggravated (achy)...suspect I'll be living with that for the rest of my life. :lol:

And the last one (and hopefully no more) was a car wreck. I'm assuming I fell asleep after pulling an all-nighter at school. During the wreck the spare tire broke loose and hit me in the back of the head, severing the top of my right ear off. Got a helicopter ride out of that one. Went the docs stitched it back on, there was no guarantee it would take. But luck was on my side and it did and fully healed. They did a decent job with it as most people don't even notice something is up unless I point it out. Other than that, just bunch of bruises, small lacerations, and a minor concussion. :lol:

That's enough excitement for me. I'll leave the rest for others. :smile: