Cranberry Juice Cleanse?

Options
13»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sorry - I didn’t mean drinking just the cranberry juice and not eating. I just meant as a reset of incorporating that WITH a calorie deficit! Definitely was not just going to drink juice lol!

That being said, I think I don’t need to do it at all after reviewing these!

The problem is that a "reset" is more diet industry woo, just like cleanses and detoxes and "jump starts". We're not computers or bowling pins, we can't be "reset".

Seriously - the diet/weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar juggernaut which gets rich off selling people things they don’t need and that don’t work. They’ve spent a lot of time and money to make their advertising as appealing and convincing as possible, but it doesn’t change the fact that 99.9% of what they sell is snake oil.

When you think about it, the diet industry is all about obfuscation. Words like "cleanse", "detox", "reset", "eating clean", and "processed" (among others)never have to be defined but they have all been focus-group and market-tested.

This juggernaut has no interest in solving anything, only in selling anything possible.

No need for "detox". I'm sure the providers can't even tell you what is detoxes you from.

No need for a "reset". Can't tell us what a reset is.

Can't tell what "clean" eating means other than you'll be doing it if you buy their stuff.

etc.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you might even gain weight. and it's got a lot of sugar.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm more interested in the Peep Cleanse. I've never eaten a peep and I'm all for embracing new experiences.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    You don't need a reset, a reboot, a restart, a jumpstart, a defrag, a reformat, a rebalance, a pressure wash, or whatever car, computer, or plumbing maintenance analogy the diet industry insists you need to spend your money on.

I totally want a defrag now. You have no idea how much I think this would help me (not for diet, but for my brain).

You need an entirely new operating system more than a defrag......

:)

I need more memory...

Me, too! Install some more RAM, please!

I think I just need to move all the baseball stats, Dr. Who quotes, commercial jingles, old TV show theme songs and assorted other useless information into the cloud and free up memory for really important things like remembering where in the heck I put the birthday gift I got for my husband.

On topic, I did drink cranberry juice for a lot of years thinking it would help with UTIs. Not sure it did, but I guess it didn't hurt anything. Never tried it to cleanse anything.

Doctor Who quotes are never useless!

“Always take a banana to a party, Rose: bananas are good!”
  • Scubagirl713
    Scubagirl713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    It certainly might make you poop your brains out. And I am not sure how drinking essentially pure sugar and miss out on essential nutrients (like protein, fats and fiber) is going to improve your system.

This! That is just an insane amount of sugar to be taking in. While sugar is not the big bad enemy, that much still can't be good for your health. Also, won't the water weight just come right back once you go back to solid foods?
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You don't need a reset, a reboot, a restart, a jumpstart, a defrag, a reformat, a rebalance, a pressure wash, or whatever car, computer, or plumbing maintenance analogy the diet industry insists you need to spend your money on.

I totally want a defrag now. You have no idea how much I think this would help me (not for diet, but for my brain).

Mike drop...
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

I need more memory...

I think I just need to move all the baseball stats, Dr. Who quotes, commercial jingles, old TV show theme songs and assorted other useless information into the cloud and free up memory for really important things like remembering where in the heck I put the birthday gift I got for my husband.

On topic, I did drink cranberry juice for a lot of years thinking it would help with UTIs. Not sure it did, but I guess it didn't hurt anything. Never tried it to cleanse anything.

Every time people talk about resets it makes me think of the Torchwood episode where “reset” was really just turning you into an incubator for giant alien bugs. And diet fat burning pills makes me think of the Doctor Who “Adipose” episode. “The fat just walks away!”
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

I need more memory...

My favourite is: "[Scottish accent] Can we just pretend that that never happened?" There's always a reason to use it. If you're me anyway :*o:)