Easy toast alternative for rushed mornings? (protein/satiation issues)

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    Eggs are too much work/take too long/cracking the egg is hard with morning-brain and I just don't really want to turn the stove on in this heat tbh. I'd appreciate recommendations! <3

prep before and do egg cups - can be made with eggs, meat, cheese, veggies; cooked in muffin tins in the oven; cooled then stored in the fridge and microwaved when you want them. Easy and portable.

That is a very good idea! I'd love something like that, I'll have to look for recipes. How long would they last in the fridge? Do you think something like that could be frozen & re-heated?

Egg muffins or mini frittatas freeze fine, and can include meat/cheese for extra protein. There are zillions of recipes if you search Google or on Pinterest.

Do you like cottage cheese? Lowfat cottage cheese has plenty of protein, few calories, and can also be spread on your toast if you really like the toast part. Even full-fat cottage cheese has good protein, some people prefer the flavor, and we do need fat, too.

Ya, I eat a lot of cottage cheese. There is a lot of variety among brands. There's something I don't like about some organic cottage cheese. The texture of Muuna can be a little weird, and the last tub I bought went bad unusually quickly. Cabot is my preferred brand.

I have some cottage cheese with baked potatoes to reduce the amount of butter I use. I have an equal amount of grams of cottage cheese to lettuce in salads, which allows me to reduce high calorie dressing while increasing protein. I also often have cottage cheese and fruit as a snack.