Woo

Options

Replies

• covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    geez I can't get anything to show up. So I'm going to just get a cup of coffee. And I'll woo you so I can save a puppy.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Why do people have an issue with woo being a negative comment? Hey not everybody says intelligent things, some people say mean things or just things that aren't agreeable. There is nothing wrong with a reaction of, no, I don't like that. Or no, I don't agree with that. When did everybody become so sensitive that we had to make everything rainbows and puppies to get through the day? I'm not saying bash anybody, and definitely not for bashing somebody's picture......I'm just saying so what if woo means hell no I don't think so......I think having comment words of nothing but kiss *kitten* is fraudulent and a kin to participation trophies.

While I love rainbows and puppies...... I agree with all of this.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    geez I can't get anything to show up. So I'm going to just get a cup of coffee. And I'll woo you so I can save a puppy.

giphy.gif

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Why do people have an issue with woo being a negative comment? Hey not everybody says intelligent things, some people say mean things or just things that aren't agreeable. There is nothing wrong with a reaction of, no, I don't like that. Or no, I don't agree with that. When did everybody become so sensitive that we had to make everything rainbows and puppies to get through the day? I'm not saying bash anybody, and definitely not for bashing somebody's picture......I'm just saying so what if woo means hell no I don't think so......I think having comment words of nothing but kiss *kitten* is fraudulent and a kin to participation trophies.

I have tried finding a proper hug gif on the interwebs for this but they all fall short.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Completely agree, and not sure anyone (who's replied so far) has actually got a problem with it tbh. I just wanted to know whether the woo is good or bad...
  • tinak33
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Completely agree, and not sure anyone (who's replied so far) has actually got a problem with it tbh. I just wanted to know whether the woo is good or bad...

It is whatever you want it to be. haha

• tinak33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

It is whatever you want it to be. haha

Actually a moderator a few months ago said it was meant to be a "disagree" comment. Or to our friends in the UK, a "not bloody likely" comment.

I remember reading that.....
    But I am part of a group that collectively decided to make it a good thing.
    And I know other people who use it as a "woohoo" good thing.
    So whatever.....

At this point, like @CoffeeAndContour said, I will just take them all as positive, cuz I like rainbows.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    In our community Woo means that you think an idea or approach is too good to be true
    From https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570889/new-community-reaction-woo#latest

It is not a positive reaction to a post and does not mean I agree, great, awesome, nice, way to go.
    There are many threads about the confusion.
    I don't have a problem with a negative reaction but do not use woo because of the confusion.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    archer-back-woo.gif?w=650
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure because I have been woo'd calling people beautiful and being nice.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Someone please clarify my confusion - is the 'Woo' interaction button a good or bad thing!?!

A woo is always good. It is both a badge of courage to say the things that should not be said, and to offend the offendable. Woo count is the true street creed of MFP.

I didn't know MFP had a creed. And if it did, I would have thought it would be more along the lines of, "Thou shalt do no shame."
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Someone please clarify my confusion - is the 'Woo' interaction button a good or bad thing!?!

A woo is always good. It is both a badge of courage to say the things that should not be said, and to offend the offendable. Woo count is the true street creed of MFP.

I didn't know MFP had a creed. And if it did, I would have thought it would be more along the lines of, "Thou shalt do no shame."

Creed, indeed, sir. Creed...indeeeeed.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

crrrreeeeeeeeeeeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16lInLZRms
  • SwannySez
    Options

crrrreeeeeeeeeeeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16lInLZRms

1255753.gif?b64lines=VGhhdAogc2VlbWVkIHVubmVjZXNzYXJ5Lg==