• ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Someone please clarify my confusion - is the 'Woo' interaction button a good or bad thing!?!

A woo is always good. It is both a badge of courage to say the things that should not be said, and to offend the offendable. Woo count is the true street creed of MFP.

I didn't know MFP had a creed. And if it did, I would have thought it would be more along the lines of, "Thou shalt do no shame."

Creed, indeed, sir. Creed...indeeeeed.

crrrreeeeeeeeeeeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16lInLZRms

CREEEEEEEEEED!

creed-workout-program-wide.jpg
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I'm not sure because I have been woo'd calling people beautiful and being nice.
    Hence my confusion. I know it's meant to be a negative, I wanted to know whether people were using it as such!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    short for woo-woo, it's a bad thing. MFP has way too many buttons.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I think it should be replace w Ick. . that's clear.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

I agree with this. Ick...I like ick
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »

I agree with this. Ick...I like ick

Ick the disease, or ick the reaction?

Oh geez... more confusion...
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I think me need a "meh" reaction option.
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Why do people have an issue with woo being a negative comment? Hey not everybody says intelligent things, some people say mean things or just things that aren't agreeable. There is nothing wrong with a reaction of, no, I don't like that. Or no, I don't agree with that. When did everybody become so sensitive that we had to make everything rainbows and puppies to get through the day? I'm not saying bash anybody, and definitely not for bashing somebody's picture......I'm just saying so what if woo means hell no I don't think so......I think having comment words of nothing but kiss *kitten* is fraudulent and a kin to participation trophies.

I think most people have an issue with it being stupid. We would prefer a dislike button. Or stupid button. Something a little more clear. Woo appears to be an old fashioned term, or a less used term that not everyone has heard of. I think dislike would be the best option, personally.
  • shaf238
    Options
    How about boo?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I think me need a "meh" reaction option.

meh
  • shaf238
    Options
    How about boo?

Thats going to be worst. Is it a boooo u suck or u wana be my boo bae?
    Why would anyone get confused with the latter, this isn't a dating site...or is it? Haha
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's imaginary. It means nothing. It is just there to confuse users.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Why do people have an issue with woo being a negative comment? Hey not everybody says intelligent things, some people say mean things or just things that aren't agreeable. There is nothing wrong with a reaction of, no, I don't like that. Or no, I don't agree with that. When did everybody become so sensitive that we had to make everything rainbows and puppies to get through the day? I'm not saying bash anybody, and definitely not for bashing somebody's picture......I'm just saying so what if woo means hell no I don't think so......I think having comment words of nothing but kiss *kitten* is fraudulent and a kin to participation trophies.

He was just asking what it meant, not that it shouldn't be there.

• IHaveMyActTogether
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I'm not sure because I have been woo'd calling people beautiful and being nice.

oh, okay, great! Makes me feel better. ;)
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Completely agree, and not sure anyone (who's replied so far) has actually got a problem with it tbh. I just wanted to know whether the woo is good or bad...

It is whatever you want it to be. haha

Actually a moderator a few months ago said it was meant to be a "disagree" comment. Or to our friends in the UK, a "not bloody likely" comment.

But is that how it's actually used on here? Seems to me a lot of people are using it in the positive.