Who here works out their skin?

Options
I am speaking of dry body brushing. It makes sense to me and I have been doing it for a couple weeks now.

We work out our muscles and our conscious of what we eat...but sometimes we forget about our skin. The largest organ in the body. It is an organ of elimination, it discharges more than a pound of waste every day. Who knew! I didn't even think of this until I started reading about the benefits of dry body brushing. This is suppose to make the skin smoother, firmer and more toned.

Like I said, I have just started this routine and figured it would help my skin bounce back some with this gradual healthy weight loss that I am now pursuing.

Anybody doing this too? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it 2 times/week. Should be more, though. It does improve skin texture.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just finished researched this and it seems like it's a glorified exfoliation/moisturizing routine. I might be mistaken.
    I admit I do this all the time and I have the smoothest skin ever, but don't think it's related to health improvement.
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it 2 times/week. Should be more, though. It does improve skin texture.

Yes and I have heard it lessens the appearance of cellulite, my ultimate foe.
  • darintexas
    darintexas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's soo interesting!

I had never even thought about that...am definitely gonna look into it.

Thanks!
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's soo interesting!

I had never even thought about that...am definitely gonna look into it.

Thanks!

There are youtube videos you can watch about the technique etc..
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    anything to help with cellulite! im gonna try this as well!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I work out my skin everytime I massage it with soap in the shower.

Does this count?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

1IZZ
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

1IZZ

:laugh:
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    It is an organ of elimination, it discharges more than a pound of waste every day.
    MUH SKIN POOPS ?!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I put the lotion on the skin, I don't like getting the hose again...
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

1IZZ

LOL... Awesome!! :-D
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it but never done it consistantly, it is suppose to help kids with processing disorders also
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for many, many year for keratosis - little tiny dry bumps on the backs of my arms & legs. Dry brushing will keep them away. Didn't know about these other reasons!!!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the Insanity routine. I used to work in the skincare industry so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that. My skin workout routine:
    AM and PM
    Body Brush with Elemis brush
    Use Salux Cloth with homemade soap
    Use homemade body lotion during the day (with vitamin c added) or homemade body butter at night
    Wax/Epilate if needed

On my rest days (like today)
    Take a hot epsom salt, milk, and lavender flower bath
    Use homemade scrub
    Use homemade mud mask for 15 minutes
    Use homemade body butter
  • milkmaid1980
    milkmaid1980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this every day after my workout/shower. I have really noticed that my skin is firmer and softer, plus my stretch marks aren't as noticeable!

I have heard that it's important you brush in the correct order and direction. Once you learn the routine, it only takes a minute or two to do your whole body!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I use a brush in the shower. It helps exfoliate my acne-prone back, helps the hairs on my legs and underarms stand up so I can shave closer, and exfoliates the dead skin off my feet. I'm aware I'm essentially brushing myself like a horse, but meh. It works for me. Though I wouldn't call it "dry" brushing because I do it with soap and water. It's an efficient exfoliator, nothing more.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Yes and I have heard it lessens the appearance of cellulite, my ultimate foe.

Here's where this thread starts to slip of the rails....
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Its also very good for your heart ...

And it does need to be a dry brush on dry skin...before the shower/bath.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Anything for a buck