Who here works out their skin?

Options

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so it will be in my personal topics. I definitely want to do this.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Nah, just curls mostly.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :huh:

I have never heard of this. Think it's time to wander over to Google to get a more in depth understanding of how to work out my skin.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :huh: It's called exfoliation and I do that every time I shower. :glasses:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Its also very good for your heart ...

And it does need to be a dry brush on dry skin...before the shower/bath.

What does it do for your heart?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

What does it do for your heart?

Very good things, I hear.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the Insanity routine. I used to work in the skincare industry so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that. My skin workout routine:
    AM and PM
    Body Brush with Elemis brush
    Use Salux Cloth with homemade soap
    Use homemade body lotion during the day (with vitamin c added) or homemade body butter at night
    Wax/Epilate if needed

On my rest days (like today)
    Take a hot epsom salt, milk, and lavender flower bath
    Use homemade scrub
    Use homemade mud mask for 15 minutes
    Use homemade body butter

Would love some of your recipes :) may have to look into some of this!!
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do drybrushing about 4 days a week. I swear it has helped with cellulite. Not a miracle or anything, but a noticeable difference. I've read that it's good for your lymphatic system too, but that could be total bro-science/Yahoo! Nonsense.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i used to practice dry-brushing, but have found significantly better results with these special fish.
    they just love dead skin, nom nom nom!

I89WdLr.jpg
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I've done the brushing for OT therapy for kids with sensory issues but have never tried it on myself. It does make sense though! :) Maybe will have to try it out soon!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It doesn't help with cellulite because cellulite is well below the skin and caused by connective tissue and pockets of fat between that connective tissue. Nothing is going to change the way the skin is connected. The only thing that works for cellulite is body fat reduction.

Dry brushing is great for removing excess dead skin cells, and it feels good. A loofah in the shower or a scrub brush in the shower, or even a rough wash cloth, will have the same effect. Shaving will remove the dead skin cells as well, but it doesn't have that "feel good" effect that brushing the body has.

My skin routine is pretty lame. Dial antibacterial in the shower, razor shave the legs, and sunscreen, sunscreen, and sunscreen. The face gets the added benefit of weekly exfoliation, some toner and some moisturizer before bed.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I started doing it a month or two ago though I don't remember every day. I don't know about the health benefits but I am just looking for the skin benefits - it only takes a few minutes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the Insanity routine. I used to work in the skincare industry so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that. My skin workout routine:
    AM and PM
    Body Brush with Elemis brush
    Use Salux Cloth with homemade soap
    Use homemade body lotion during the day (with vitamin c added) or homemade body butter at night
    Wax/Epilate if needed

On my rest days (like today)
    Take a hot epsom salt, milk, and lavender flower bath
    Use homemade scrub
    Use homemade mud mask for 15 minutes
    Use homemade body butter

UR me hero.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I work out my skin everyday.
    Best 30 seconds of my life

Ha!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I use a salux cloth for exfoliation.. works well enough for me.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i shower.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I have heard of it but never done it consistantly, it is suppose to help kids with processing disorders also

And here's where it clears the rails, dives over the embankment, and plunges into the ocean depths

Wheeze laugh. Dittoes!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    but my skin improves with exercise and healthy eating.... this should have been titled "who exfoliates?"
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

.... And this is where it's consumed by a leviathan
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    So apparently it can get to the parts I like more attention paid to that masseuse don't typically do. I always said during breastfeeding "man I gotta find a spa that does breast massage", to which he always replied if you get that do put me down for a d*ck massage. (quack!)

Dry-Body-Brushing-Diagram.jpg

but judging by the photos it depends who you go to cause you might end up getting the kind of massages that are easier and more appropriately obtained at home. This is like a man manual to intercourse. All roads lead to rome.

skin-brush.png