Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of cancer-linked weed killer..."

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Uh oh.

In addition, a gardener just won this lawsuit.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1KV2HB

I smell class action.

There goes glysophate/roundup.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    My husband threw out the oatmeal yesterday after seeing this. He's very concerned about it, but I'd like to see more data and research.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    lol they took two sample mostly, sometimes three. That isn't how science works. If I only needed two sample to prove results I'd be done with my PhD now.

@Aaron_K123 the article definitely has no scientific meaningful proof. Also only writing a scientific article with only analyzing two samples is RIDICULOUSLY suspicious. I don't think any actual scientist believes they could prove anything with two data points. Every unbiased scientific journal would reject that study in a heartbeat.

It could be true, but unless they do a reasonable size study and show their results and process; it is a page of fluff written.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Uh oh.

In addition, a gardener just won this lawsuit.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1KV2HB

I smell class action.

There goes glysophate/roundup.

i have to admit, i was hoping that the judge in this case would throw the judgement out - i don't think that the plantiff proved that it was the exposure to round-up that caused his NHLF - especially when as a disease there is little understanding of what specifically causes it. and Monsato acknowledged while they could appeal and maybe win, it would potentially cost up to $25million a year in interest while they continued fighting the case
  • MammaGulley
    MammaGulley Posts: 4 Member
    Glad mine isn't any of the brands listed.