Hungry, but nothing is appetizing.

Options
1235»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    just find something of sustenance. even if it sounds boring if its something you like and can eat it, then eat it. I know its hard but if you dont you will end up in the ER one way or another if you dont eat. especially not having anything to drink will exacerbate issues further. trust me you dont want to dehydrate yourself it sucks being dehydrated, it causes pain and other issues.not to mention you will be hooked up to IVs. you definitely need water for sure but you also need food. even if its not considered the healthiest. not eating is worse than eating stuff you deem junk.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I think, as hard as it is, you have to force yourself to eat something. You haven't eaten in over 24 hours; I'm concerned you might pass out. Vegetarian Mexican food is flavorful (I know you mentioned you don't always taste things well). Peanut butter sandwich? Baked potato? Chips and salsa?

Are you drinking to stay hydrated?

A few weeks ago I went through a brief spell like this (nothing appealed), but I realized I had to eat something, whether I liked it/wanted to or not. Please eat. Maybe looking at some food blogs/recipe sites might spark an interest? Either way, though, you need to eat.

Hugs...

Haven't been drinking either. We went to a local wildlife park today. So not much opportunity for that. Mexican might be okay, but I don't know.

Cheese quesadilla, refried beans, chips and salsa. Oh yea. You can do this. With your friends, sounds perfect.

LOL. Let's not go crazy. :)

Trying to make your tummy growl. Don’t you feel it. That sensation? Rumble, rumble.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I would just eat something very basic, even if it’s not the most nutricious it’s better than nothing. Eat white rice or a baked potato for exemple. It should be filling, not overly tasty or deranging...
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I’ve been there! Usually when I’m really stressed this happens. Hungry but nothing seems delicious. Def want a meal, not a snack. My trick was to have a liquid meal. Make a green protein smoothie or a simple soup like lentil or chicken and veggies. That way I got the balanced meal in me, the full meal feeling and could stop overthinking food options.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Absolutely, go get something. Later on you can post what you had. (Now I want Mexican food. ;) )

Well, I finally ate. I had a burrito bowl from Chipotle. Brown rice, black beans, tomato salsa, and corn salsa. My mood has definitely improved. Washed it down with some water and a few of their chips.

Thank you guys for your concern. I don't ever want to go through that again. I'm gonna have to go back and retrace my steps this weekend to see what would have brought this thing on this bad the last few days. I mean I get indecisive about food quite often, but it's never spiralled out of control this much. Sorry for being such a grouch and a negative Nelson. I appreciate the concern a bunch.

good that you ate something!. stress,depresson and other things can cause that to happen too. so maybe keep a journal about how you are feeling on days like that? then you can maybe see what triggers things like that.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Good news. I was fixin' to take you over my checkered apron! LOL
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Glad you've eaten!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good news! Thanks for the update. :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    So glad you ate! 😀
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Bro... I am guessing you live in a western/modern/wealthy country? You are complaining you are having to decide what to eat? Ok.... I'm out.....
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Bro... I am guessing you live in a western/modern/wealthy country? You are complaining you are having to decide what to eat? Ok.... I'm out.....

It's not that simple. Mental health is to be taken seriously and doesn't benefit from privilege guilting.

ETA: not a dig at you, I just think mental health is often overlooked as a serious problem and people expect others to snap out of it, which is as effective as telling someone to snap out of diabetes.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

It's not that simple. Mental health is to be taken seriously and doesn't benefit from privilege guilting.

ETA: not a dig at you, I just think mental health is often overlooked as a serious problem and people expect others to snap out of it, which is as silly as telling someone to snap out of diabetes.

No dig taken. I understand some about mental health issues. I have worked in what used to be called a psych unit. Now called mental health wards. Makes me no expert. Trust me, I am not the model of mental health. I still deal with my own issues. I have just been some places, lucky enough to have the resources and ability to sit in a corner cafe, and have seen people quite literally picking through trash for food that the trash pickers have been through. There is a poster from Norway that has made me look at life a little different. Korvovian something. She is all over the place posting. She once posted that we should bless ourselves to have the ability to access decent food. Actually changed the way i look at things.