Turkey Bacon

Options
13»

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I made turkey bacon, just to see what it was like. I hated it, and tried to give it to my dog. My dog would not eat it. She'll eat poop, but not turkey bacon.

Edited to answer the OP's question: usually I just have one slice center cut bacon crumbled on a sandwich. Tastes good, and the calories are negligible.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    This!

what_3e037e_2906662.jpg
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way about turkey bacon vs. real bacon as Ron Swanson feels about skim milk.

tumblr_mr0lyccfoO1rjkj90o1_500.jpg
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is an abomination. That is all. :flowerforyou:

This is - literally - exactly what I came into this thread to post.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I start at 2 minutes on my turkey bacon and adjust by ten seconds (microwaving)
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just had turkey bacon last night. I think it tastes ok and satisfies my craving for bacon. While nothing takes the place of the real thing, it's good enough for me and is a healthier alternative.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is a franken-food. Bacon comes from the belly, and turkeys don't really have those. Turkey bacon is basically the leftover scraps of turkey mashed together into a bacon shape. Kinda like hot dogs.

Not even getting into the fact that pork bacon is much healthier, as pork fat happens to be almost as good for you as olive oil as far as fats go.
  • PixieDustTwinkleToes
    Options
    Yep, I'm rather fond of turkey bacon, or turkey rashers really as it's not bacon, is it? Dunno about all the processed stuff that others are talking about, but the stuff I eat is 84% turkey breast, the rest being water and seasoning. Not too concerned with that!

Bacon is epic, but it's too salty for me to want it too often. For a Friday morning breakfast though? Oh yes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    Who here has had turkey bacon?

I just tried Aldi's Fit & Active Turkey Bacon for the first time last night, and I was surprised at how good it was! I baked a few slices in a NuWave oven. I couldn't get it as crispy as I liked, but it was still good! Only 30 calories and 140 mg of sodium per slice.

What's your favorite bacon brand/type?
    Blasphemy. Turkey "bacon" isn't bacon.

There's only one....................................BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

QFT

Turkey Bacon :angry:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    reading for consideration. turkey bacon vs regular bacon. http://eatthis.menshealth.com/node/77586
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    They taste about the same to me ,but then again everything tastes like chicken!! I prefer the turkey bacon though because is doesn't seem to shrink as much and lose its shape.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

Wait til you've tried veggie bacon.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhJPey3i_A
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

tumblr_mjrg754N5v1s8czzko1_400.gif
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I tried turkey bacon for the first time tonight. It wasn't too bad, although it sort of had a hot dog taste to it. For the most part I couldn't tell too much of a difference though. However that could be because I cooked it with regular bacon lol. The color freaked me out though. I also don't like that it's mechanically separated turkey. I'm not a huge anti-processed person, but mechanically separated meat does bother me.

I got some center cut pork bacon at the store tonight though after seeing someone mention it in this thread. I can't wait to try it! The calories are better (lower) than regular bacon, and it looks leaner too.