Totally nerdy-Firefly post-10 years too late

Options
13»

Replies

• amandaknight787
    amandaknight787 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel so much better about my current obsession! I'm encouraging my hubby to go out with the guys so I can watch Serenity tonight (after kids are in bed) uninterrupted. He asks too many damn questions and has not seen the series. I console myself in that Castle probably would not exist if Firefly had lived. If it had really been given the chance, and Joss Whedon the creative freedom he deserved, it would probably still be on. Never thought I would be this involve in a sci-fi western. On paper it had to look totally crazy, but in execution....ahhhhh. Such frustration!

I love the one where Simon is in a standoff on the ship and Mal walks in, shoots the fed, and throws him off the ship like there's nothing to it. Never breaks stride--total badass. Funny as hell too.

And for the record, they are all super-hot (well, not the shepherd, but you know)
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was putting together a care package for my son, who is on a 10 week bus tour. . .at the very last minute I threw in our DVD copy of Firefly (the bus has DVD players). The following week I got a phone call that I was the hero of the bus tour, and the new favorite parent. The following day, in the parents group on facebook, one of the moms posted that she was so thrilled that her son finally got to see Fireflyl!

I <3 being the cool mom!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Agreed :sad:
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Definitely one of my favorite shows. I think it's time for a re-watch. We didn't see it when it came out--caught some re-runs & then bought the dvds. It is just shocking that they cancelled it :sad: .
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i made the mistake of seeing the movie before the series.