Weight loss groups on FB?

Options
Does anyone know of any good fitness/weight loss groups on FB? The last one I joined is ridiculous the moderators have it set up so they have to approve posts & apparently they pick & choose who’s they let through. All the newer people’s posts are completely ignored. So I’m open for suggestions of some better ones. Thanks!

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Why not just use MFP? There are plenty of groups here you can join, or just hang out in the main forums.

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I’m a member of a couple weight watchers groups on there. I don’t do weight watchers but I’ve gotten some really great food/product ideas and recipes from there. What are you looking for out of the Facebook group?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I’m a member of a couple weight watchers groups on there. I don’t do weight watchers but I’ve gotten some really great food/product ideas and recipes from there. What are you looking for out of the Facebook group?

People sharing progress, diet, workouts etc.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Why not just use MFP? There are plenty of groups here you can join, or just hang out in the main forums.

I never really checked out the groups on here. Thanks!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    We have one here for weigh ins, non-scale goal, tips and support...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-in-group
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.