• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Daily

First thing in the morning
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Once a month, otherwise I get crazy and obsessive and if I'm disappointed one day, I can't reason with myself and I binge. So yes, only once a month :)
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    1. I weigh my food all the time.

2. I weigh myself whenever I happen to feel like it. If I do #1, I know from experience that the process will work because it always does, so I rarely feel the need to weigh myself more than maybe a couple of times per month. If I weighed myself any more often than that, the lies of the scale would make me think the process doesn't work and I might be inclined to make a short-term decision based on a bad data point or two.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Daily in the morning. I wake up, get the dog up, take her to the bathroom, make coffee for me and the hubby, use the restroom, weigh in. THEN I get to enjoy my coffee. I only log here once a week but I log every day on the Libra app. It has the trend but it also tells you rate of loss. It's nice to see the trend going in the right direction. I also like having loss rate so I know it's going in the right direction at the right speed.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I log daily on an app but hop on and off the scales out of curiosity around tea time and bed time, I always seem to lose 2lb overnight it's quite fascinating.
    I normally only log losses on here and usually only if I see the same number twice within a week.
  • VendyR987
    VendyR987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    every Tuesday.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself no more than once a week to see whether I'm losing weight, since day to day doesn't tell you much. However for MFP purposes, I log my weight daily...for science! ;)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Once per week. I've just recently restarted MFP. My primary focus is tracking every morsel of food that passes over my lips, increasing my daily water intake to 8-10 glasses per day, and starting to exercise daily. I know from past experiences that if I do those things, my weight will go down so try to not focus on "the number" but instead, focus on choosing healthier options every day.
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it in a trending app. Scale fluctuations used to bother me tremendously until I started weighing daily and going by the trend.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I am a big data geek so I weigh almost daily.
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I eat anything. I find it keeps me motivated.
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Twice daily.
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, but only log my Sunday morning weight.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think of it. Usually once a week or less, but I have a small bathroom and there's no open floor space to leave a scale. So I have to go and get it out of the hall closet.
  • willsreb
    willsreb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I’ve been weighing monthly to avoid getting hung up on the numbers. I’m within 5 pounds of my goal now though so will be weighing weekly.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing after my bathroom break after waking up. I use a trend app to help with the fluctuations.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I aim for daily, and was doing it daily for a while, but lately mornings have been earlier and more challenging so I only do it when I feel like I have the time. It’s been more like 3x a week. I use a weight trend app as well, it’s been helpful even though I didn’t know I was losing too fast because I can’t math on my own. Lol. I like the “10-day-best” that it shows me, instead of just my most recent weight.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Daily. Once first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to bed. I feel fine with fluctations however, when it goes up I don't freak out and know it will go down again in a few days.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Every 1-3 months, so that I don't get fixated or frustrated. I can tell my body's changing, and if/when I don't feel changes anymore I'll probably weigh myself more regularly, maybe once a week or fortnight to keep myself motivated.