How often do YOU weigh???

Replies

• MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Monday's & Fridays usually.
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Every day, morning night or both. Use a trending app as well, and seeing the difference between morning and night, and the way the trend is still down helps.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    6-7 days a week and trend...
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Either once a week or once every two weeks. I used to overdo it, then I developed disordered eating. Now I don't want to push any obsessive tracking, so I keep it infrequent.
  • rouxrose
    rouxrose Posts: 4 Member
    I weigh daily, and track every day. It helps me “get over” the temporary gains and confirm with myself that if I stick to it my lowest weight will keep getting lower.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    When I first started, I weighed several times a day to get an idea of how my body works. Then I weighed every morning first thing for awhile. Now its once a week.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Every Friday
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    If I don't make a habit of doing it everyday I wont do it at all. I make sure I weigh myself before breakfast.

I wanted to take measurements every Sunday but because I don't do it everyday I forget and don't do it at all.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2018
    Always - In the morning after bathroom routine - Official daily weigh in and recorded in spreadsheet for tracking.
    Usually - When I get home from work - just because I'm undressed in the bathroom to shower and curious.
    Occasionally - Last thing before I go to bed - just because I'm undressed in the bathroom and curious.

The last two (post-work and pre-bed) aren't recorded or really paid any attention. Just jump on the scale if I happen to be in the bathroom in a suitable state of undress.
  • Josefontao
    Josefontao Posts: 5 Member
    Twice a day. Before going to bed and after waking up. I’ve noticed that the longer I sleep the more weight I lose while sleeping. For example, yesterday I slept 9,5 hours and lost 4 pounds overnight. Crazy.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Usually, it’s once a week on Friday. Sometimes I’ll get curious and check during the week before that.

I did try doing daily weigh ins for a short while as an experiment, but it messed with my head too much, so I don’t do that anymore.
  • apatel1
    apatel1 Posts: 5 Member
    Daily in the morning. Would rather know if i go off the rails sooner than later and it makes a better chart to see your trend.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    it "was" weekly, on Fridays. Now I do hop on about once a week, but am only looking for the needle to be in a range, so don't record that weight more than once a month. I only hop on weekly to see if its up/down/same because I am trying to figure out my maintenance calories.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Twice a week. Monday and Thursday. Knowing I weigh in on Monday helps keep me in check over the weekend
  • TheMagicOneMikeD
    TheMagicOneMikeD Posts: 94 Member
    Maybe once or twice a month. I used to do it several times a week, but the fluctuations were discouraging. Weighing only once or twice a month I always register a loss on the scale.
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Wow, so many daily weigh-ins in the thread!

I weigh-in once a week. It is long enough to see good progress (e.g. 0.5-1kg/1-2lbs weight loss), and short enough to maintain the willpower not to overindulge.

Once I see the weight/fat move where I want it to be, it's encouraging to continue and stay on track for the next week.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Every day in the morning after I go to the bathroom!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I weigh almost every morning as so o as I undress, but I only update the MFP record occasionally now.
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Never. I pay attention to how my clothes fit and leave the weighing for when I go to the doctor.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Daily. I use Libra app.