Silly rabbit calorie countings for kids!

Options
13»

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Again, so much woo.... :|

Your metabolism doesn't slow a significant amount as you age. ~5% of your TDEE.

I'm 43.

abay2bn69xev.jpg

And if you are seriously having pre-menopausal issues, go to your doctor. It's awful early for that.
    I'm 67. I endorse this statement. Our metabolism doesn't slow much. We get less active and eat more or the same as when we were more active. The sooner one realized this and addresses it, the sooner one makes progress.

+1

67 here too - I lost 50 lbs. while I was 66-67. The first year I did very little exercise and lost pretty much exactly as predicted by my calorie tracking. When I started incorporating more exercise I still lost as predicted eating back most of the extra calories. I've lost weight several times in the past - it wasn't any different this time than any other time. When I factor in my activity levels, nothing really changed.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, eat a small lunch and have a big dinner with the family and add a little ice cream for dessert.

I like your style!😁
  • Hitmecaffeine323
    Hitmecaffeine323 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sadly we all started with early menopause, you look Fantastic by the way.
  • Hitmecaffeine323
    Hitmecaffeine323 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ann thanks for all the tips to dealing with the hot flashes. I got so desperate one night I soaked my socks in cold water and put them on. They were completely dry by 4am. I have noticed that keeping my weight under control really helps. Also the emotional roller coaster has been an insane ride.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Why are you willing to do almost anything, including crazy 24-hour fasts, rather than check and fix your logging?

OP, you might want to give this question some serious consideration.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    OP, if you believe that you're having perimenopausal symptoms, have you discussed this with your doctor? Late 30s are early but not unheard of for perimenopause. Your doctor can discuss potential treatments for your physical and emotional symptoms; you don't have to just suffer through them without medical help.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    The pre menopausal symptoms are quite distressing and 39, whilst young, is not overly unusual to begin them.

Some women sail through menopause with no issues, some don't.

Yes, see your doctor if symptoms are causing distress

That isn't a weight loss issue though.

And of course avoid any food which cause you any adverse affects - nobody has to eat bread or milk or anything in particular.

Bottom line is still sticking to calorie deficit.

* speaks as 55 year old woman who lost then maintained weight, since 2013. Was still getting periods till 12 months ago - calorie amount I am maintaining on has not changed.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I think you should invest in a food scale. Are you logging everything? Being honest with serving sizes? How do you really know how much you’re eating unless you measure? You can definitely be over eating. Wonderful thing about weight loss is, you dont even need to exercise, just have a calorie deficit.