what is your go to meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything includes some kind of cooking honestly... we just make lazy cooking all the time. Worst case I'll pop some frozen grilled chicken in the oven and nuke some veggies. Or make pasta. Or a Trader Joe's shrimp stir fry (which actually requires most cooking than most of what I make as it requires me to stir it).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    whiskey
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Turkey/Vegetarian chili (from a can) with salad and/or couscous/chips.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have a NuWave Oven (lovingly dubbed the "Magic Meat Machine") that I can throw fully frozen meat into, season, and let cook. I only have to flip it once and I can walk away and do other stuff and it comes out perfect and juicy every time. I do that + some rice or a steamer bag of veggies and suddenly there's dinner and I just have to plate it. Putting some foil down makes it easier to clean, too, and traps the moisture under it so double bonus :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Wheat Thins or Triscuits dipped in garden vegetable cream cheese.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with protein powder and peanut butter.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Recently it is a smoothy. I always have fresh or frozen fruit around, I always have almond milk, nuts or seeds, and yogurt, and whey protein powder.

I just grab what is handy of each and toss it in the blender, drink a 16 oz. glass of water while it blends, then have the smoothy, meal completed.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs on toast, cereal or pizza.
  • Hellfish00
    Options
    1 can of tuna,
    1/4 cup of brown rice,
    1/2 cup of frozen vegetables,
    1/2 cup of salsa.

Heat the frozen veggies and rice, mix together in a bowl and enjoy.

I pre cook 1-2 cups of brown rice and store it in the fridge. it's ready when I need it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Large salad with some kind of beans (black, navy, great northern, cannellini). Quick prep time and always delicious......
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I throw together whatever leftovers are in the fridge - usually beans, rice, and veggies maybe topped with a fried egg, sardines, or a bit of meat. I keep a well stocked pantry so I can usually find something to cook up quickly.
    Quick options are:
    Cup of cottage cheese with diced veggies and/or salsa (with tortilla chips if I want carbs)
    Loaded salad - beans, nuts, cheese, boiled egg, whatever veg, maybe meat or tempeh
    Sardines on toast with avocado or soft cheese
    Sandwich - bacon, avocado, fried egg, cheese, veg, etc.
    Big pan of roast veggies - a little prep to cut up but then I can put it in the oven and do something else for 45 minutes
    Quick veggie sauté (zucchini, peppers, tomato, onion) with pasta or rice

Pizza or Thai/Vietnamese delivery if I really am not up to anything.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Egg salad, tuna, a quick steak (sear on both sides in a cast iron pan and then put it in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes), chicken breast (pour a small can of salsa verde over it and bake for 30 minutes at 350).
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    had it today....sushi :)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sushi

Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce

Cheese Stick Rolled up in A Slice of Turkey

Wheat Thins with Lump Crab Dip

Protein (add it to my coffee)
  • MossStar
    Options
    My go to food is a bowl of cereal with non-fat milk. I choose a cereal with no sugar. Works for dinner, since I am usually not hunger at night. I am hungry during the morning and afternoon.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    A pouch of tuna with side salad.