How to respond if someone says you're overweight!

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    delawithit_zps5f05eebd.jpg

My verbal response is either "No *kitten*", "Thank you, Captain Obvious", or "Uh huh".
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's funny how the "fit" people try to give a logical response... Being overweight doesn't give anyone the right to insult you. Unless they're a medical professional, what's it to them? The problem doesn't "lie within you" if you get offended. The problem is with that person and their mother/parent/gaurdian, who should have taught them how to respectfully talk to people.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    3om0p6.jpg
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    "Thank you, I was wondering if anyone noticed."
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    "I will kill your entire family"
  • Amor
    Options
    "Do you even lift bro?"

LOL!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    you-re-fat-don-t-try-and-sugar-coat-it-because-you-ll-eat-that-too.jpg

I have always found this hilarious. And I am fat so I feel I can honestly say for myself...it's accurate.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My response depends on the persons age....

A child... I just explain how it isn't nice to comment on a persons size, color, or they way people look. I just assume that they weren't taught that at home.

An adult... I sarcastically tell them " Aren't you a GREAT friend! I obviously had no idea!" Then I just walk away smiling, because they usually never know what to say...lol

Is my way the perfect way to handle the situation? Probably not, but it makes me feel better.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like "Thank you Captain Obvious" :angry:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    can't comment because...rules.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I would say "Really? I had no idea. With all the commercials and TV shows telling people they are fat and overweight, I didn't put it together until you told me. Thank you."
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a fat roll and say "Erhmahgad, I DIDN'T KNOW"!
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    achmedani.gif

love this!!
  • SergeantG
    Options
    I would say, "Yeah, but my boobs are so much bigger and look amazing!"
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    At least I have some cushion for the pushin, ya pole dancing hoe.
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's funny how the "fit" people try to give a logical response... Being overweight doesn't give anyone the right to insult you. Unless they're a medical professional, what's it to them? The problem doesn't "lie within you" if you get offended. The problem is with that person and their mother/parent/gaurdian, who should have taught them how to respectfully talk to people.

This.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I would say "Really? I had no idea. With all the commercials and TV shows telling people they are fat and overweight, I didn't put it together until you told me. Thank you."

Yes this would be my response....or laugh...
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

It is a falacy to assume that a "fit" person was always a "fit" person. I suppose most would consider me fit. Although, 25 lbs of fat ago that was not the case. And when I got called fat then, my answer was generally "yep, I am." It is not an insult, it is a factual observation. Don't like it? Change the reality of it.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    About three years ago, I started writing a blog for plus sized horseback riders and called it "A Fat Girl & A Fat Horse" -- because, well, both my horse and I, at the time, and still currently are fat. It is basically about not putting things off "until you're skinny" and living your life regardless - it was about the same time that I took the negativity and emotion away from the word "fat" in my dictionary. Some of my friends were upset that I described myself using that word... but fat is a descriptor, just like tall, or blonde, or short. Some people may try to attach negative connotations, but really - that's about them, not about me. Out of respect for my readership who might be more sensitive about the "F" word, I do use "plus sized" instead of fat to describe them.

So my typical response is "So? You're tall."
  • Amor
    Options
    I would say, "Yeah, but my boobs are so much bigger and look amazing!"

LOL! If it was me you said it to you would win & I would walk away crying :sad:

lmao