Fallen down the hill

Options
2»

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Eating fewer calories than you burn is how to lose weight, period.
    Some do not lose weight because of inaccurate measurement.
    Scales and logging give you knowledge of where calories are coming from.

What is different for me this time is a commitment to permanent healthier living. Along with less weight, I'm adding moderate exercise for strength and good nutrition for health. I simply walk for exercise and follow no fad or purist diets. The pounds are falling off.

Weekly meal planning keeps me well fed and on calorie targets. I'd never done this before. To make that easy I'm using platejoy.com. Compared to past efforts where I'd quickly burn out on grilled chicken breast every day, I'm eating a wide variety of fresh meats and vegetables and recipes that include fresh herbs and spices that I'd never tried.

Also reading a lot on the internet about "mindful eating" has helped me change to good eating behaviors instead of the that came from my "clean your plate and you get dessert" and other ingrained guilt and reward misconceptions learned as a child.

Finally, to help kill my sweet tooth, taking a supplement called chromium picolinate for a few weeks helped me with the craving. It may have been a placebo expectation, but worked for me.

I wish all y'all great permanent success in reaching your goals and commend your desire to begin now.
  • JSMurray79
    JSMurray79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job....I wish u the best in continuing your journey with success.👍🙂
  • judy20018
    judy20018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    JSMurray79 wrote: »
    Good job....I wish u the best in continuing your journey with success.👍🙂

Thanks!
    Lets get the ball rolling now! 🤗
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Judy you can do this? Gets some supportive friends and add them, it's good to keep in touch with others having the same problem and share diaries
  • judy20018
    Options
    Judy you can do this? Gets some supportive friends and add them, it's good to keep in touch with others having the same problem and share diaries

Thank you.
    I am new to this. How do you add friends.
    Thats me showing how daft I am. 😏
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    judy20018 wrote: »
    Lets pull each up JSMurray79
    I really need help, my main problem is eating, I cant stop eating, I eat like a horse😭😭

Look into volume eating. this is what I do. because i like to eat A LOT, i pick foods that are low calorie density. many veggies are awesome for this.

i also weight and package portions so i can't accidentally eat too much. so bring some portioned and planned healthy but yummy snacks so you can just eat at work. don't bring full bags you just pick out of.

have you put in your stats into MFP to get your recommended calorie intake?

• judy20018
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    judy20018 wrote: »
    Lets pull each up JSMurray79
    I really need help, my main problem is eating, I cant stop eating, I eat like a horse😭😭

Look into volume eating. this is what I do. because i like to eat A LOT, i pick foods that are low calorie density. many veggies are awesome for this.

i also weight and package portions so i can't accidentally eat too much. so bring some portioned and planned healthy but yummy snacks so you can just eat at work. don't bring full bags you just pick out of.

have you put in your stats into MFP to get your recommended calorie intake?

Thanks Panini
    So what can I have to make me fuller for a longer time? Especially Breakfast time?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Volume Eating
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread

Each person is different. I find daily balance helps any one specific time of the day. But I eat steel cut oats for breakfast.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    To add a friend:-

Click name
    Click name again
    Click the two people icon
    Write message if you have one. It is a good idea to tell people a little about yourself. A lot of people wont accept unless you do.
    Click send.

You have a lot od good advice here. It isn't easy but no one can do it for you. You can do it. I lost over 40lbs on this system and felt just like you do now. I was just determined to do it. I was tired of being fat. Believe me, it is worth it.