Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM???? Post recommendations!!

2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Anybody using a Garmin Forerunner "watch"? Those look pretty slick, and allow phones etc to stay safe and dry.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    I love my Polar F6 :)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    I have a Polar FT4

IME you want a HRM with a chest strap. I had a previous HRM w/o one and the measurements were wildly innacurate because it didn't have anything to measure. Yes I put my stats in, but it's not grabbing my pulse from my wrist. A walk would have me burning 1,000 calories.

I entered my stats in my Polar HRM and then overrode those with my actual rest heart rate and max etc. This gave me even more accurate results. I'm not the average for my age, height etc... my rest HR is higher than the 'default' so my measurements weren't right initially.

I use my HRM mostly for running outdoors. I use my iPhone to play music and track my distance w/ the RunKeeper app. It all works for my needs.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    I love my Polar FT4 - it's pretty basic, but easy to use.

THIS ^^ :bigsmile:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member

This
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member

This

Not this
    I had mine less than a year and the first the battery only last 6 months ($30 to replace) and now the transmitters gone weird, saying my heart rate is about 50 less than it should be. Not happy.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    guys, you should elaborate on what your are using your HRM for, if you love it but only use it to sleep, who cares.
    not being rude, but it's a bit like saying to someone to buy a minivan without nowing if that person is single, has kids or anything...
    details, context...
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    I was in love with my Polar FT4, until the battery went to crap after only 2 months. Batteries die, but that seems way fast to me.

That aside, I use it during my walks and runs and cardio classes. Simple and reliable as long as the battery is good! Also, the chest strap is comfy...I've had bad luck with the cheaper brands.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Some of the pricier models do. Amazon is great for comparisons.